Monday, March 1, 2021

Welcome back to me screaming

Hello all, especially those that understand the title,  

I might start titling all of my blog posts as quotes from vines that are summing up my mood while posting. This is the current one. It's just one of those nights. 

Earlier today, at around 4 p.m., I was really tired. So, I drank 5 shots of cold brew to wake myself. This wouldn't be a problem, but I have insomnia. The cold brew is not helping that at all. I'm used to being awake most nights, so this isn't too big of an issue. I usually find that this is the time when I start getting the best ideas for writing, and by best ideas, I mean ideas that sound great to my sleep-deprived brain. In actuality, they're just okay. Not great, not horrible, just eh. 

So, as I'm trying to fight off the caffeine, I thought I would share with you all one of my pieces. I picked one that wasn't too personal. I would hate to scare you off. Everything I write is on a Google Doc titled "Mental Illness" so it's really understandable that most of it would scare anyone who doesn't know me super well; it's also in a little leather book I like to call my "dream journal." 

Here it is: 

Tarot Cards and Voodoo Dolls 


How far are you willing to go, 
To get the affections of the one, 
Even if you know deep down, 
You aren’t what he wants?


Will you start collecting samples, 
Will you repeat the affirmations, 
Will you seek out a guide, 
Will you perform the acts deemed unholy? 

I was always called a witch, 
Giving off  a “witchy” vibe, 
Which I believe is only because I am powerful,
And people hate to see a woman with power. 

While this label isn’t true, 
I still sit and wonder, 
“If I were a witch....
Would they then listen to my guidance?” 

I am not physic by any means, 
I don’t believe anyone can be, 
But my sound advice is always overlooked, 
Always seen as the “easy way out” to them. 

So I ask, 
If that advice was given from the other side, 
Pulled from a deck of tarot cards, 
Would they listen then? 

Or would they be just as skeptical, 
Be as wary as I am, 
When they tell me of their actions, 
When they fail to heed my advice.  

So I will now draw my advice from the stars, 
Channelling my “Pisces energy,”
Collecting rain in jars for a love spell, 
Maybe then the wax will tell them he isn’t the one as well. 

Tarot cards, 
And voodoo dolls, 
And tea leaves, 
And star charts. 

That is how I will do it, 
That is how they will listen, 
That is how I will give advice, 
That is how they will listen.
---------------------------------

Anyways, I'm going to toss and turn for a few more hours.

Goodnight blog!


No comments: