Thursday, March 11, 2021

scholarships

Hey y'all. So, around a month or a month and a half ago, my parents showed me two scholarships that they want me to apply for. One is specific to the school I want to enroll in, and the other is the IABTI scholarship for relatives of bomb techs. The one for the school has four essays, each 200 words or less, and the IABTI one has four questions to answer and has to be around 1000 words total. Even though I've had more than a month to do these, I only have 715 words for the IABTI one (like 400 of which were written today during religion), and only half of one of the 200 word essays. I hate talking about myself in a serious sense. Like I don't mind if we're just chatting in person, but one of the essay questions is "What are your motivations to apply to the Bonner Leader Program?" What kind of question is that? I'm applying because your school is extremely expensive even after my baseline scholarship, and I need money. It also asks what my "current strengths are." I don't know man. It also requires a VIDEO SUBMISSION. I will absolutely not be able to form a cohesive thought in that video without writing a script. And then it'll be obvious that I wrote it beforehand, so I just can't win on this one. Anyway, the point I'm making is that logically, I understand why they need to know these things, but some of the personal questions they ask don't make sense because everyone is applying for the money. That is the point of scholarships, after all.

No comments: