Monday, March 15, 2021

Staying In Touch

Hi, y'all,

I know what you're thinking. "Wow, Hunter actually posted on the blog before Saturday night." Why? Because we have some free time during class. A lot of discussion lately is about where we will end up in college, and I wanted to share this resource with y'all. It's a distance calculator between colleges. You can put your college and your friend's college in, and it gives you the driving distance between them. Even better, it put's a white dot at the city that's exactly halfway between the colleges for easy meet-ups. If any of y'all are ever in Atlanta, please let me know. I'm only a short MARTR ride away from the biggest airport in the world. Only a few more weeks left!

Yours truly,
Hunter

Click here for the distance calculator.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Hunter,

So, I did my first choice school (if I get in lol) and Georgia Tech. Turns out we will be 1,891 miles apart. I did this with a few other peoples colleges. This made me a little sad because it seems like I'm going to truly be all alone out on the west coast. Yes, that is something I want but also I want to see you guys. I already haven't seen most of you very much since last March. I think the closes person to me will be Erica if she goes to Washington and that's still about 1,000 miles away.

Anyways, this really made me realize that I'll be far away from everyone I've ever met more than I already realized. I think I'm up for that challenge though (we always knew I'd go as far away as possible).

Sincerely yours,
Rikki

Unknown said...

Hello soon-to-be-college-bound students! Hunter, thank you for showing us this useful device. As to how accurate it is, I can't tell because I was playing around with Georgia Tech and other schools and it was very wrong. Like, it would only plug in the city I typed in, not the college. Otherwise, it will be useful. When I finally decide on my college next month, I'll plug it in and see what happens. If any of y'all will be close to me, I'd love for us to visit. It'll be a little strange seeing my friends in totally different environments from the ones we've grown up in, but exciting. As for staying in touch, I still think sending letters to one another would be fun. Perhaps a little old-fashioned, but that's what makes it interesting. Before school lets out I'm going to try and make a list of people who want to participate so I can get their new addresses over the summer. Just let me know if you want to participate! See you all tomorrow after this strange one day off in the middle of the week. Thank goodness, though. I really needed it (did someone say 12 hours of sleep? yes, yes indeed).

Unknown said...

Hey Izzy,

Thanks for letting me know. I know nothing about geography, so I had no way of checking it factually. That being said, I, too, enjoyed this holiday. And I think I beat you sleep wise with 15 hours.

Hunter

Unknown said...

I can only guess that the calculator is "bird's eye view" not on actual roads. I find it interesting how different the two can be!