Monday, March 15, 2021

You're going to sit here and tell me that I'm wrong?!?

 "She wore a crown and came down in a bubble, dog!" 

Vine reference aside, I'm actually really upset. 

As most of you know, there are still some senior activities that the class plans on doing. This one activity, in particular, is super easy, as long as we all agree on the right date to do it. This is such a stupid thing to get upset over but I felt like I was getting made fun of. No, correction: I was getting made fun of. I was trying to help with picking the date and I got the response, "Rikki you're online." While this is true, I don't think it really matters since I was just being helpful. I then said that the day we pick is not going to work for everyone, meaning some people might have to miss a game and was slightly attacked for saying that. Once I looked at it, it makes sense people wouldn't want to miss games because they'd be "letting down their teams" and these are some of the last games they'll ever be playing in; this made a lot of sense. So, to make up for it, I asked the sports currently in season to send their schedules. Katie was very quick to send both Tennis and Softball, which I appreciated a lot because it gave a better idea of when they have games. Baseball, however, didn't send theirs for a while but kept shooting down days. I finally said if all the teams send their schedules, I'll make a chart to see what days could possibly work. I was then, again, made fun of. I did finally pick out about 6 possible days that were open for all of the teams but they still haven't picked one of those dates. 

Now that the story is out of the way I'll explain why I'm mad: just because we are online students does not mean we do not get to be treated as part of this class. I'm so sick and tired of having to explain why I'm not on campus because it doesn't make a difference. I could actually hear the in-person kids talking about me in my Environmental Science class. I don't think anything I did warrant the treatment I got. Maybe I'm just being sensitive, but it hurt. I already can't do much for the class from where I am, but it seems like whenever I want to, the help isn't wanted. I genuinely started crying; it wasn't because I was sad that my classmates don't like me because I'm already aware of that. It was mostly just out of general frustration. 

Sorry for this rant. I just haven't been able to stop thinking about this since this morning. It honestly threw my entire day and night off to the point where I haven't even started preparing for our English test. I'll go do that now. 

Signing off, 

Rikki 

6 comments:

erica ricci said...

Preach.

Unknown said...

you >>>>>>>>>>> all of them
Everyone in here, the people that actually matter, all love you Rikki. Don't let these schmucks get you down. They'll be working for you one day anyway :)

Unknown said...

I attest to Laura's statement. You are a seriously amazing person Rikki, and the fact that you're staying home for your family just goes to prove that.

Unknown said...

This post was too long for me to read, but in response to the title, yes, you're wrong.

Unknown said...

hunter no

Unknown said...

Having had the energy to read the post in its entirety today, the only thing in my mind is the TikTok sound "Oh no, oh no, oh no no no no no." I deeply apologize for my earlier comment as I was unaware of the context.