Thursday, March 18, 2021

My Cat's Lover...?

 Hey y'all, 

In case y'all don't know, I have a beautiful cat named Midnight Lightning Conatser. She has black fur and green eyes, and she knows she's gorgeous haha. Recently, an orange cat has started showing up at our back door at night, and I'm pretty sure he wants to take Midnight on a date. (I'm assuming it's a male cat, but I don't know for sure because I didn't feel comfortable invading its privacy by checking...) He makes these low growling noises that sometimes turn into really loud caterwauling, and the whole situation is very tense. She'll approach the door and look at him, but she won't deign to go outside with him. Sometimes, if she really wants to go out, she'll scamper through the door and into the night so that he can't follow her. At first I thought this romance was interesting, but now I'm starting to wonder if she's scared of him. When she sees him waiting outside, she'll decide that she suddenly doesn't want to go out anymore. Maybe it's because we just read about the cruel rapist/"lover" of "No Name Woman", but I want to make sure my cat is safe. Any thoughts as to how to determine whether he's actually her Romeo? Let me know in the comments. 

Love from 

Clara

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know a lot about cats, as I'm more of a dog person myself, but to me, it sounds like she's scared of him. If he keeps bugging her, I'd suggest either calling animal control or setting out a harmless cat trap so you can take him to the shelter. That's what we do with all of the stray cats that come into our yard (my neighborhood has dozens of feral cats), and they'll neuter them and give them rabies and other shots. They usually release them right back into our neighborhood after, though, which defeats the entire purpose of turning them in, but at least they're neutered. I'm assuming Midnight is spayed, but if she isn't, definitely keep her away from him unless you want black and orange kittens lol

Also, is this considered catcalling?

Camila Figueroa said...

Hey Clara! First of all, I didn’t know your cat’s middle name was Lightning. That’s nice! Anyway, maybe the orange cat may be bad at expressing himself to your cat. The growling definitely doesn't help. I think Midnight is scared of him and not attracted to him or his methods of seduction (I couldn’t think of a different work lol). Anyway, I think it’s good that Midnight should stay away from the cat in case.