Tuesday, March 30, 2021

I got my COVID vaccine...

 Hey guys, 

So on Sunday at 12, I received my first dose of the moderna vaccine. I was super excited, but nervous at the same time because I don’t like getting shots, but it literally didn’t even hurt. I went into the little room, and they did it so quickly I hadn’t even realized it! Anyways, I was fine most of the day until that night. It started out with my arm being super sore. Then, at about 2 am, I couldn’t take it anymore. I was so uncomfortable and I started to get a terrible body ache. I didn’t go to sleep until about 6am, just as the sun began to rise. After that terrible night, I felt like I just didn’t have the energy to go to school because I felt so drained and I still had the body aches so I decided to take the day off. 


Last night, was ok. I still wasn’t feeling my best, but definitely better than the night before. I went to bed at around 2 by taking a melatonin pill. I guess my body was knocked out because I accidentally slept through my alarm this morning and skipped first period. I think my body needed the rest though, so I’ll forgive myself. 


Anyways, kind of scared for the next one. Are you planning on getting your vaccine soon?



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh dear I am so sorry to hear that Adriana. Perhaps you can commiserate with some of our classmates who have had similar experiences. Both my parents said to take Advil or ibuprofen or something after you get the second shot so you hopefully won't feel as bad. I hope you feel better and good luck with the next one!

Unknown said...

Hey Adriana, I got my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine last week and I hadn’t similar experience that you did to it! As soon as I got home from receiving it, I just immediately passed out and was asleep was for about 10 hours. Never in my life have I consistently slept for that long! I also had a terrible migraine for about 2 days, but that was really it. I get my second dose the Monday we come back from spring break, which kind of sucks because I heard that the reactions towards the second dose is worse than the first, and I’d rather use my days off to recover than miss more school. But oh well! I’m just really happy that things are FINALLY starting to get back to normal!