Monday, March 29, 2021

School Supplies

 


Please tell me I am not crazy when I say this, but I love school supplies. I have no idea why but something about having every type of pen in every type of color or getting different types of rulers that come in odd shapes, makes my day. I can recall that even as a child, when I would be rewarded for good work, my mother would take me to Barnes and Noble and I would get a pick of two books and three items from the stationary and diary department. I can’t count how many hole punchers or binders I have bought but I love them all. My latest purchase has been a golden pair of scissors with a metal handle, that reminds me of the old scissors they used to make, and I am in love with it! 

So is it just me who has a strange desire for school supplies?


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Deryn! So I usually wait until a little later in the week to post, but like you, I love school supplies and couldn't wait to post. I LOVE colored pens. Those in my math class have seen the evidence. I'm currently using Paper Mate's felt pen flair medium and ahhhh, it actually makes me look forward to math class because that's the only class I take hand notes. Highlighters also hold a special place in my heart, but not quite so deep as colored pens. For math, it's like the pens make me see it clearer. Yeah, it's a little weird, but it works most of the time. Actually, one of my first tips to get people interested in taking notes in class is to use colored pens. I wish I used them for other classes, but I got tired of caring around a huge backpack loaded with notebooks and binders. I don't think my current set will run out before next year, but when they do, I'll order a fresh set in college. I also think stationary is cool, especially since I've gotten my bee wax seal. Those scissors sound really cool. Makes me think of something magical with the gold. What are some of your other favorite school supplies? I'd love to hear more (and even get some ideas). I think we'll have to go shopping for school supplies together over the summer (right after our Harry Potter marathon)!