Monday, March 15, 2021

Enrolling

 Hey y'all! So, I'm finally going to enroll in college! A little late compared to some of y'all, I know, but I've been wanting to enroll in Sewanee since Mardi Gras break, and my dad made me wait. I'm still waiting to hear back from St. Andrew's, the school in Scotland, but I decided months ago that I don't want to go there anymore. My dad, however, was forcing me to wait to hear back from them before I enrolled anywhere else, because he thinks it would be a good adventure for me. However, I've had my mind made up on not going to Scotland for a while now, and it seemed dumb to me to wait to enroll in a school that I'm 100% set on, just to hear from a school that I know I don't want to go to. I would love to go to Scotland eventually, for a vacation or something, but I don't want to suddenly jump from being a huge homebody to going to college, something already unfamiliar, in a new country with absolutely no one I know. They also do college differently in other countries; they expect you to know how to handle everything already, and if you mess up your schedule and aren't able to get all of your credits, no one will tell you until it's too late and you can't graduate. That's too much stress for me, personally. And I loved Sewanee, I felt like I could really be at home there. It's a little different from where I pictured myself going, as it's literally in the middle of a forest on top of a mountain, but hey, that'll be an adventure for me. Just not as big as an adventure as Scotland.

No comments: