Sunday, March 28, 2021

I'm having a bad week

 Hi. I'm having a bad week.  

I've been so depressed all week. I barely went to school this week. I'm so behind on work and I really don't have the energy to do it. I have an art project that I was supposed to do and I haven't started on that. I missed a math test and I have to do all of my work this week by Tuesday. 

I also got dumped in the early hours of Tuesday, so that was fun. I'm honestly not even sad about it.  I'm mostly just mad about it. The reason for the break up was distance, or so he says, but yeah. I'm angry. My friends are angry too, possibly even more than me. 

I've been fighting a lot with my mom too. It's been putting a huge strain on our relationship. We keep screaming and I've cried so many times over it. I want to go to UC San Diego. My mom wants me to go to Eckerd. I really don't want to go, but I'm telling her I'll keep an open mind. I've already started making friends in California just so I can meet some people before moving so far, but that isn't even helping. I'm so close to just giving up and going to Florida just so she stops but I don't want to be there. It doesn't help that she keeps guilting me: "you're going to be too far away," "what if something happens to your dad," "what if something happens to you," "I'm going to be so depressed without you," etc. There are just so many reasons for me to go to California: the people are so nice so far, the dorms are apartment-style (private kitchen, baths, and living area), beautiful views, proximately to the water, amazing education, and the distance could be a good thing. It's perfect for me, so I'll keep fighting for it. 

I just can't catch a break. I only have two days of school this week, so that's a bonus. On Wednesday, I have to go to the NHS ceremony. On Thursday, I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed. I'm very scared about that too, but it's whatever. I also have to go to Florida to see Eckerd and I don't want to because...it's Florida. 

One good thing, and I think the only good thing, is that I'm getting vaccinated tomorrow. I'm really ready for that. 

Anyways, I'm sorry for the dump. I just...I needed to vent. 


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm really sorry to hear about your troubles, Rikki. Know that you're awesome, and no one can change that. As for the college thing, I fully support your decision to go to UC San Diego and am rooting for you and YOUR choice about YOUR college decision about YOUR life. I hate that she's guilting you like that. I wish you could just live your own life how you wanted. I got my wisdom tooth removed over the summer and it wasn't that bad (just a top one though). They didn't even put me under, just some local anesthetic. No medicine afterwards either, and I went home and ate a real-food dinner a few hours later. And good luck with your vaccine!

Unknown said...

Rikki, I've already talked with you privately about this, so I don't feel the need to repeat myself here. Yo know you have my support in this.
As for Izzy, can't relate on the painless part. I was supposed to get all four out this summer, but they took out my bottom right one, started on my bottom left, and then realized that there was so much bone in the way of my teeth that they would do more damage than good by removing any of the other three. They told me they probably shouldn't have even removed the one that they did, but they had already cut far enough that there was no point in stopping. So yeah, I went in expecting to get all four out and left with only one gone and then some sawed-through bone on the other side. My teeth are all kind of big, and they go all the way back. There's no room for my wisdom teeth to grow in where they're supposed to, so they're coming in sideways, like in between my top and bottom row🙃 Anyway, it hurt really badly on my bottom right and left, even though I didn't even get the left one out. They gave me oxy for the pain, but I took it on and empty stomach and had such a bad reaction that I almost passed out from the stomach pain, so I never took it again, which meant I had no pain meds for the sawed bones in my mouth. So, Izzy, we had very different experiences, but hopefully Rikki has a better time than I did; especially since she told me they said hers are basically out already. I don't know why I felt the need to share this here, but there's no point in erasing it now, so enjoy my teeth story. I have videos of me being dumb on laughing gas, if anyone would like me to see them lol

Unknown said...

Hi, Rikki,

I look forward to a video of you on laughing gas. However, I'm terribly sorry that your week has been so terrible. Furthermore, I know that your COVID vaccine has produced some side effects that you're not enjoying. Please let me know if there's anything Laura can do to make you feel better, as I'm sure she'd love to help you out. Erica, on the other hand, would not, as she is selfish.

Hunter