Saturday, March 13, 2021

Getting a new dog

 Hey lovelies!! 

My family is getting a new dog!! We’re getting a border collie (not necessarily purebred) from a rescue shelter that specializes in that breed. I’m nervous about how my dog Mattie will react to the new dog. Mattie is pretty shy around other dogs, especially if they are high energy. Border Collies, as a breed, have extremely high energy. I’m worried she might go into a shell if there’s another dog to wear her out during the day. Right now all she has is Speckle, who is a 13 year old deaf dog, so it will be quite the adjustment for her. I hope it’ll work out well between them. 

I’m unsure how Speckles will react. When we first got Mattie, he was hurt and refused to acknowledge her for the whole hour ride back home from where we picked her up. He pretended she didn’t exist and stared out the window. When she went over to his side of the car, he’d get up and walk to the other side. I hope he’s less petty with this one. 

I think it’ll be fine. Wish us luck!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi again!
That’s so sweet that you guys are adopting another dog, that’s always exciting! I’d love to see pictures of your new fur babe, and hear how it went!

erica ricci said...

SO JEALOUS, ABBIE! I need a photo!!!!