Thursday, March 18, 2021

Beignets w/ Laura

Hi, y'all,

What?!? TWO posts before Saturday night. What's gotten into me? I just got back from a lovely brunch with our dearest classmate, Ms. Laura McCrary. Originally, she was not enthused by the idea of our beignet outing as a substitute for Baskin and Robbins. That being said, I would like to take this opportunity to ask everyone in the class, except Erica, which is a better dessert thing–beignets or ice cream. Naturally, Laura's yankee-ass said ice cream and chose incorrectly. Please feel free to comment on the matter. I know Laura won't as she's too busy working at P.J.'s. See y'all Monday!

Hunter

6 comments:

Unknown said...

they're literally 70% air, 20% powdered sugar, and 10% dough

Unknown said...

also it's just Baskin-Robbins. there is no and.

erica ricci said...

Beignets suck.

Unknown said...

What a tough "cookie" (see what I did there, with desserts?). Anyways, I'll admit that both ice cream and beignets have their positive sides. Obviously, the choice will be beignets if it's cold, because beignets with hot chocolate versus ice cream when it's freezing outside? Not a tough choice. Otherwise, I think I'll still have to go with beignets because they are much more of a treat than ice cream for me at least. I can always get ice cream from the freezer, but I can't always get warn beignets covered in powdered sugar. Did y'all go to Cafe du Monde in the Quarter or in City Park? The one in City Park is pretty close to me actually and much less crowded. Now I want beignets... perhaps you'll see me wandering around there Sunday morning. But beignets v. ice cream. Both are delicious, just beignets more so, especially when their yumminess is heightened by special occasions.

Unknown said...

Izzy,

As always, thank you providing a voice of reason to this chaos. And yes, I enjoyed your pun. We actually went to the one on Veterans near Target, as it's very close to where I live. Thank you for choosing correctly and supporting my argument.

Erica,

I didn't ask you. Remove your comment, heathen.

Hunter

Unknown said...

This post was too long for me to read, but in response to the title, yes, you're wrong.