Thursday, March 11, 2021

Circadian Rhythm

 Hey y'all, 

I'm not really sure what to blog about this week. I'm exhausted because I stayed up until 2am doing math homework which I didn't know I had and practicing French horn. My sleep schedule is very messed up. Two nights ago I went to bed early, but the night before that I went to bed at 1am (I did an ab workout at 12:45), and the night before that I woke up at 3am and stayed up until 5:30 doing work before struggling to fall back asleep. I really need to fix my circadian rhythm before I get to college. I feel extremely overloaded with work right now because I'm taking 7 classes, playing tennis, and I have to keep up music. But those are integral parts of my life and I love them. I just have to manage my time better haha. Do y'all have similarly strange sleep schedules? Let me know in the comments. 

Love from 

Clara

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't sleep well but that's because my mom has insomnia and seems to have passed it down. Haha thanks mom

Unknown said...

I fall asleep at 8pm, wake up at 1am, try. to sleep more, fail, and end up crashing at 3am until I wake up at 5:30. I feel like school is in the way of my sleep. I mean, I would prefer to sleep from 11-7:30 (which is when my body's alarm is), but then I would be late for school. At this point, I have accepted that I will not get a full night of sleep until Spring break. By the way, just so you are more messed up, this weekend is daylight-savings (we lose an hour). So, if you thought that you might catch up this weekend, wave that dream goodbye.
Speaking of sleep, I had a really weird dream last night. There was this couple that were running from the police. They ended up in a dance studio, and she was actually an amazing dancer. The janitor suddenly yells, "I knew they would come here! Where else would you hide besides Disney World?" All of my dreams are surrealist, though, so it wasn't too disturbing, but I normally have dreams that follow the plot of whatever I am reading. Since I am currently reading ANNA KARENINA, where none of that is super applicable, I don't know where this dream came from.

Catherine Ronquillo said...

ahh yes, i'm glad i'm not the only one. while my sleep schedule is not entirely terrible, it could definitely be improved upon as i am seemingly exhausted after every school day. i get a lot of anxious dreams weirdly, and those never fail wake me up consistently throughout the night. on top of that, i have been getting home a lot later more recently during the school week. i get home usually between 9-10:30, and i think that is throwing off the part of my brain that is used to passing out by 10:15. i think i need to dedicate a weekend to getting some sleep, but i have a serious case of fomo and usually end up going to bed at 2am every friday and saturday. however, i am most certainly not doing ab workouts during the middle of the night and i am most certainly impressed. i think if i dedicated my middle of the night insomnia to work and workouts instead of reorganizing my spotify playlists, my life would be much more in order. anyway, i'll let you know if that very unlikely scenario ever happens.