Sunday, March 21, 2021

Hey Guys :)

I haven't blogged in a while. How's everyone been? 

A few updates on me: I changed my blog name back to my name, so all the comments I previously left as "mrsking" will no longer make sense. Devastating, I know. I am also pumped about Women's Club. It's a lot more work than I originally thought, but I now realize that if I want it to mean anything after Bentley and I leave, then it's going to take work. 

Even though I haven't blogged, I've been watching. I saw Erica's blog post, "is this feeling mutual?" and I was so sad reading through the comments. I don't know if "sad" is the right word, but it just upset me to know that all of us can't wait to finally get out of St. Martin's. I hate that everyone is so miserable. Senior year is supposed to be fun and filled with parties and crazy stories to tell my grandkids. (As a side-note, I'm even more devastated to learn that teachers are miserable as well, but have to save face to keep their job. I hadn't thought of that.)

Everyone is saying the same thing: that they can't wait to leave St. Martin's and never look back. Don't get me wrong, I feel the exact same way, but when I came to this school freshman year, I loved it, and that makes this so much harder. For three years I was one of the kids who adored StM. I feel like Renee put it really well in saying that she's going to miss what StM used to be. It's changed a lot in just a few months. This makes me think that maybe stuff has been happening the entire time, but it's just now been brought to the attention of the students, which is a scary thought. What if I put my faith in a school that has been shitty from the beginning?

I don't want to end this blog post on a bad note, so I'll say this: I have made a lot of friends here. I've met so many people, most of which I've liked, and some I plan to keep in touch with for a while, so I'll thank the school for that.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That's rough, buddy.

Anonymous said...

It is.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Leven, this just made my heart sad :((( I think everyone kinda feels the same way too. I miss what St. Martin’s used to be. I miss the spirit we all had and everything. As we are ending our time here at this school, I try to just remember the good memories I have had over the years, but something that I will always keep dear to my heart is the support and love we have from the faculty here.