Thursday, March 4, 2021

You've Got Mail!

 Hey guys! So for the past year I've been writing letters to friends and family. Real letters with the postage stamp, address, envelope, etc. For my birthday this year, I even got this really cool wax seal set. I love getting letters in the mail from people. It just makes me so happy, and it's like a mini-present from someone you love. It's also a neat way to stay in contact with people. You don't have to worry about the awkwardness over phone, and there aren't any time obligations. You write the letter when you can and then you send it off a wait an indefinite amount of time for a reply. I've had this idea in my mind for a while now, and since we all wrote letters to our Ring Day buddies, I thought it would be a good time to bring it up: What do y'all think of creating a whole list of addresses among ourselves for college and sending letters to one another every so often? I think it's inevitable we'll fall out of contact every so often, but I think it would be a nice way to stay connected. Kinda like "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants." We could create a numbered list with everyone's name and assign everyone the number below their name. Then, every week, month, or whatever time frame we decided on, we write a letter to the person's whose number we have. Next time, we move down the list and so on. 

Ex.

1. Izzy

2. Abbie

3. Erica

4. Deryn

5. Renee

The first week I write to Abbie, then Erica, then Deryn, then Renee, and then back to Abbie. Abbie would first write to Erica, then Deryn, then Renee, then Izzy, then back to Erica. 

Let me know what y'all think! I haven't quite figured out the "reply" aspect. Maybe the letter will just encourage you to text the person you got a letter from or something. I would hate for this to feel like an obligation, but if this sounds fun then awesome! I hope y'all like my idea!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Izzy!!
That sounds really cool!! I would love to write letters with you. I think the wax seal and all sounds really aesthetic. I’d put some dry flowers under the wax and write it on fancy paper. I’d write in perfect cursive only for you. :))

Unknown said...

Hey Izzy,
I think it's so cool that you're writing letters! I've actually been writing letters to my two younger cousins who are seven and eight and live in Kansas and California, respectively. It's super exciting to get letters from them. I love the idea of writing to people in college. It would be a great way to keep in touch with people we don't necessarily talk with every day but who are still important people in our lives. Let me know if you end up writing letters to our classmates in college!
Love from
Clara

Unknown said...

Hey Izzy! I think this would be awesome! I'm absolutely awful at responding to texts, dms, and Snapchats unless someone straight-up calls me. I think starting a mail chain would not only be super fun but would also help me make sure I keep in touch with yall!! And like Abi was talking about, I feel like making our letters personal by adding our own little creative element would be cute too. Again, love this idea!!