Thursday, March 25, 2021

Bucket

 Deryn's post 2

Bucket

Last night I woke up at the crack of dawn because I had the urge to write a bucket list. I knew that I would not fulfill such a list with such great expectations and great explorations that would lead to amazingly interesting dinner taies for my grandchildren.  But I'm lazy. I  would love to go and explore the foothills of the Philippine mountains with Bernie Sanders as my guide, which is number 57 on my bucket list.  But I know that I won't. I'll get up from my bed, take a shower head for the door, reach for my phone on the way there, sit in my car for 5 minutes considering if I should call Bernie and then take off my shoes and watch 5 episodes of F.R.I.E.N.D.S with Ben & Jerry's cookie dough ice cream instead. and I'm okay with that.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Deryn! I'm assuming something is up with your computer so you can't post and Ms. King is doing it for you? I was trying to figure that one out... Your bucket list sounds super fun and crazy, especially since this Bernie Sanders one is only item number 57. I have a bit of a bucket list myself. I'd like to go skiing, sky diving, and ran a half-marathon or full marathon. I think going to the Olympics (as a spectator) would be cool. I also have a bit of a "summer to-do" list since I'll have a lot more free time without cross country practice every day (which I'm really looking forward to). They include sailing and dance lessons, my book list, letters, and puzzles. I'm pretty excited, especially to be able to finally read all my books. Let me know what other bucket list items you have, and maybe we can go conquer a few of them this summer...

Unknown said...

I feel like writing a bucket list in the middle of the night is an interesting experience. I mean, I am also intrigued, like Izzy, about the previous 56 items. I hope that everything on your list is as out-of-the-box as the one you shared with us. I feel like sometimes dreams make sense until you wake up.

Anonymous said...

I would just like to say that I have never clicked on a post faster than when I saw it was msking's blog post. I was so confused why ms. king wrote a post called "Bucket". I stared at the computer screen for a good 5 seconds, as I originally thought that it was my post, and the website was glitching and named me "mrsking" again.