Friday, March 12, 2021

Oh my god, I love Chipotle. Chipotle is my life.

 Hello friends, 

Although we are all feeling not the best right now, tonight is a good night. There are a few reasons for this, and I shall list them:

1. I get Chipotle tomorrow (makes any day instantly better). This also is the reason for this weeks vine title.

2. I just randomly checked my email and found out I got into the University of California Irvine, which is one of my top schools at the moment. 

3. My birthday is coming up, which means I get these sweet potato cupcakes from this bakery on Magazine. 

4. It's Friday. And I had last period study hall so it was an early day. 

5. I also decided to fake senior favorites for our class, if you have any recommendations please send them. It can be for a specific person or more general. I'm doing 2 per classmate. 

Now, of course, there are still some bad things. I've been trying to dealing with a creepy incident involving Lord Voldemort (some of you will get it) that has honestly made my anxiety extremely high. Tomorrow is the year anniversary of my last day of on-campus schooling. As I won't be returning to campus for the foreseeable future, this makes me a little sad. Yes, it's my choice to be online but it's still...odd. I had so much I wanted to accomplish to really make this my year, and I have, but there's something so off about this year. Erica really put it best. I can't imagine how some of you must feel that have been here almost your entire lives; It must be really unsettling to see a place you once saw as home become something so unknown to you. 

Anyways, I hope everyone has an amazing weekend. Only 28 more days left. 


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am in the same boat with you, Rikki. I just don’t see a point in returning. I mean, why would I if 1. I’d be putting my brother’s health at risk and 2. Nothing would be the same. As much as I resent STM right now, I really don’t want my last physical memories there to be tainted with discomfort and unfamiliarity. I, personally, have a nice memory of my final day at STM. I just finished performing a musical that I had a lead role in, I was with all of my friends, I just found out we had 2 weeks off of school, and I had hope for the future. And now (literally one year later tomorrow), I have none of that. Ignorance really is bliss, isn’t it? I know that people may think of us as lazy, losers, or even “libtards” for doing online school, but I think it just makes us even more mature. We’re sacrificing “the best years of our lives” for the safety of our high-risk family. And remember my dear Rikki, everything happens for a reason.
Much love always,
Erica

P.S. I am very excited to see you tomorrow (finally)!

P.S. I am also very sorry if this blog post was just one big ramble. I am half asleep. ♥️

Unknown said...

For that last PS, I meant PPS, not PS.

Okay, night.

Unknown said...

Having had Chipotle with you and Erica today for the first time, I was pleasantly surprised. As someone who is not a huge fan of Mexican cuisine primarily because of the after effect (not getting into details, take a guess), I thoroughly enjoyed the flavor of my quesadilla and suffered no repercussions afterward. Additionally, I had a lovely time with both you and Ava, so I'm sure that, as a whole, enhanced my entire experience.

Yours truly,
Hunter

P.S. I don't like Erica.

Unknown said...

I also love Chipotle! As for being on campus, I could never be at home if there are people in person. It may be because I thrive in chaos (I am an extrovert), or because I am a major procrastinator and I don't do anything at home. I am trying to separate this year from my last 11 years' experience because it is so different. I am so glad that you got into Cal Irvine!