Saturday, March 13, 2021

Growing up

 This year has been crazy for many reasons, but I feel I’m a whole new person from before the pandemic started. And, actually, I became a lot better. I think that that happened to a lot of people. I think it’d be cool if we showed how we’ve grown as people of the course of the pandemic. 

Some ways I’ve grown:

1.) I finally got my driver’s license!!

2.) I’m on better depression meds that actually work.

3.) my fashion sense improved and I did a lot of shopping to help update my wardrobe.

4.) I started exercising on my own. 

5.)  I now have weekly guitar lessons so my playing has gotten a lot better. 

Let me know how you guys have improved during the pandemic!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! I really enjoyed reading your blog because I feel like I too have gone through so much “growing up” just within the last year. I’m also really glad to see that you’re practing acts of self care, that’s something that I’ve also began to focus on. I hope you continue to have a wonderful year and I wish you the best :)

erica ricci said...

Hey Abbie,
I have been feeling this same way as well. Before the pandemic, I was super codependent on others and didn't really know how to function on my own. Now, thanks to online school and always being alone, people annoy me so much! I seriously can't get anything done if I am not in my room alone. And with the pandemic, I have started to focus a lot of my attention on my mental health. I used to be ashamed to even mention to others (and to myself, really) that I struggle with depression & severe anxiety, but now I find it important to address it and to not bottle up my feelings all the time. And I am so jealous you can drive, Abbie! That is so great! I am getting close to that stage, but I am just absolutely terrified at the thought of getting behind the wheel! Anyway, glad to see you are doing well! Miss you!
Much Love,
Erica