Saturday, January 30, 2021

Weddings

This weekend, my brother Nate is getting married to a girl he’s been in a relationship with for 6 years. They get three weddings: one small one with immediate family (because of COVID), one huge celebration this summer, and a giant reception in India (since Priyanka is Indian). This has made me think about what I want my own wedding to be like. Part of me wants to elope because a wedding sounds excessive. On the other hand, you get more gifts for a big celebration. So basically I’m weighing my two worst traits: laziness and greed. I guess we’ll see which wins out. What do y’all want your weddings to be like (if you want to get married at all)?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! I remember when he told my group that he planned to propose, and I believe I was promised an invitation. But nevertheless, I’m happy for them, and please give them my best.

Yours truly,
Hunter

Unknown said...

I’m so sorry Hunter. Since it was only immediate family, I think he changed the qualifications to go to his wedding just to exclude you.
Yours truly,
Abbie

Unknown said...

Hey Abbie! Congrats to your brother! I love this post; it honestly really got me thinking!! I honestly feel like I won't get married because my standards are extremely high, but if someone decides to put up with me, I'd definitely want a mid-sized wedding, crazy fun reception, and honeymoon somewhere really dope. I'd probably have the guest list be just family and close friends with a plus one for each invite. I've also always wanted to visit Australia, and I feel like it's a perfect spot for a honeymoon.