Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Ryn’s Netflix Pick 🍿

The Trial of the Chicago Seven. I want to begin with that this is only good if you are into history and major social justice trials. This is definitely one I would suggest however if that is your type of film. Although I wouldn't consider myself a history buff I do find myself watching these types of movies a lot with my family. The trial was really interesting however and made me actually want to rewatch it. The movie is based on the 1969 trial where seven defendants were charged by the federal government for numerous things, mostly due to an attempt to quell arising countercultural protests, after the 1968 Democratic National Convention. It should be noted however there were actually eight defendants one of which was not mentioned because he was a black panther member who was wrongly accused of murder.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This posts could not have come at a better time than now! I just finished all my shows and have had nothing to watch. I love watching these types of films. Since you watch that, you should watch this show I just finished called “for life” it’s so good.

Unknown said...

Hey, Ryn. Thank you for this suggestion! I haven't seen the show yet, but it reminds me a lot of a mini-series called "American Crime Story: The People Vs. OJ Simpson". It talks all about OJ Simpson's trial and you can look through the eyes of many people include defense attorney Marcia Clark. It is so so fascinating, I would go give it a look if you haven't.