Monday, January 11, 2021

Drivers License

 Is it just me or is anyone else heavily invested in the love triangle between Olivia Rodrigo, Joshua Basset, and Sabrina Carpenter? Because it is all I am getting all the tea on tik tok and I am beginning to feel like I am supposed to be keeping up with all the drama. Like I didn't even know who these people were last week and now I have watched all of High School Musical the Musical The Show, followed all three people in Insta, and listened to drivers license on Apple Music like twenty times. 

Also for those of yall that don't know...

Olivia Rodrigo and Joshua Basset are the leads of the Disney show High School Musical the Musical The Show which is about this high school, that was the set of the first High School Musical series, having a High School Musical play to commemorate the movie series's anniversary. The two leads Olivia and Joshua never publically dated but there are tons of photos and evidence that they dated or were at least romantic with each other. After their suspected breakup earlier in 2020, however, Joshua has been spending all his time with Sabrina Carpenter, another Disney channel actress, and was even found going out on a date in LA. Olivia posts on Instagram with a shirt that says 'dumb him' during their date. Also, Joshua had posted a song called Anyone Else during this time which was suspected to be about Olivia, but when the music video came out people, believed the girl in the video was Sabrina Carpenter.  

Fast Forward

Olivia posts drivers license and the lyrics which have the words, "you're with that blonde girl that always made me doubt," causes everyone to go in a frenzy because it made fans assume it was referring to Sabrina Carpenter. This was also a big deal because that means that Joshua may have been involved with Sabrina while he was with Olivia. The song itself is also a major heartbreak tune that Olivia confesses is about her own personal experience on the day of getting her drivers license.

Then Olivia reposted all of her costars shoutouts from the song other than Joshua's (I don't know why he gave a shoutout in the first place tbh). Then Sabrina Carpenter's ex-boyfriend also gave the song a shoutout which leads fans to affirm their beliefs that Josh and Sabrina may have been together while both of them were still in their old relationships. 

That is all I know for now but I am now heavily invested in their drama and I don't even know if I care about any of the people involved. lmk what y'all think...

3 comments:

Catherine Ronquillo said...

hi ryn! okay, im glad im not the only one. during quarantine, i fell into these nightly social media spirals where i would look at a bunch of people's different accounts. anyway, one night i found olivia rodrigo's instagram and since then, i have made it my life mission to be her best friend. she's been posting these one-minute videos for a while now of different songs she writes and i just think she's crazy talented. i seem to routinely scroll through her instagram feed whenever i'm really sad or anxious. her music helps so much and drivers license!!! that song is god tier. even though i'm not necessarily heartbroken right now, i can't go to sleep at night without screaming that song in the shower a minimum of ten times. i am predicting that olivia rodrigo is the new taylor swift and that's maybe why i love her so much. anyway, this whole love triangle takes me back to the countless hours i would spend in middle school invested in harry styles and taylor swift's relationship. because of that, the nostalgia this has brought on has made me surprisingly really happy and i'm glad i have you to share this with :)

Unknown said...

Hey Ryn! I'm so invested in the drama right now. I cannot stop listening to "Drivers License" and stalking all of their Instagram accounts. I didn't even know much about Olivia and Joshua until this song came out. I always knew that they were a thing and that they both wrote good music, but that's pretty much it. when I first listened to driver's license I remember having low expectations because how could it top "All I Want," which was trending about a year ago. However, when I tell you I immediately became addicted to that song, I mean it. I wish I could count how many times I've listened since it was released. It makes me miss someone that I don't even miss if that makes sense. The song is so emotional, and it really makes me contemplate all my past relationships. But I love it! So glad I'm not alone in this obsession!!

Anonymous said...

Ok ladies, so I have a burning update. I am, like Ryn, Sofia, and Roni, very invested in the love triangle that is Olivia, Joshua, and Sabrina. I just found out that Sabrina released a new song called "Skin" yesterday, and I listened to it and let me say that there is no way that it isn't about Olivia haha. I have been obsessed with "drivers license", even though I relate to very little in the lyrics, and I especially love the base drop. In "Skin", Sabrina says "Maybe you didn't mean it, maybe blonde was the only rhyme", and when I heard this I screamed. (For those who don't know, in "Drivers License", Olivia says "you're probably with that blond girl, who always made me doubt", with Sabrina being the "blonde girl".) I rlly want to get other people's opinions on the new song. I didn't hate it? but I still prefer "Drivers License", lol.