Thursday, January 7, 2021

Capitol Invasion

Hi, y'all!

I don't know about you, but personally, I am still surprised by what happened yesterday. Now granted, the fifth freedom of the First Amendment, which Amy Coney Barrett didn't know, was the right to redress or protest. However, in my opinion, what occurred yesterday wasn't a protest. As you can guess from the title, I'd call it in an invasion.

I try not to express my political beliefs on any form of social media, but yesterday's events really aggravated me, especially considering the reaction from the police, compared to how they reacted back over the summer during all the Black Lives Matter protests. Something that a few of our classmates posted on social media that really spoke to me is that the police did essentially nothing to those destructive people who entered Congress yesterday, but protesters fighting for social justice and the importance of people's lives were met with rubber bullets.

In other words, I believe two congratulations are in order. First, congratulations to President and Vice President Elect Joe Biden and Kamala Harris now that Congress has certified the results of the Electoral College. And secondly, congratulations to the new Senate Majority Leader, Chuck Shumer. Sorry for getting so political on here, but I needed to vent. Praying for peace.

Yours truly,
Hunter

No comments: