Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Ryn’s Netflix Pick 🍿



Dolly Parton Heartstrings: Jolene. First I would like to mention that I am a huge stand for all things Dolly Parton. If you feel the same then definitely watch Dumplin if you have an already it is one of the cutest films I’ve ever seen. Anyways Dolly Parton’s heartstrings is about an hour and a half each and it is a series based off of all of her songs. The most iconic being Jolene, and in my opinion also the best show so far. I have watched it four times already and it is almost as good as the song itself. If you haven’t listened to the song then I demand you watch it right now even if you don’t watch this show I will literally not speak to you if you do not listen to the song. I feel like I don’t need to explain the show as well because it is like I said based off of the song. I really like how she created an entire story out of the lyrics which if you did not know before were based on her own experiences with her husband. Not only is it a really good and addictive show but I feel like it is easy to relate with DollyAnd the characters within the show as it really displays a lot of the internal struggles women have with their self-respect and relationships. It is more empowering than I think you’d expect to end it really exemplifies the importance of feminism in the society we live in.

 

No comments: