Monday, January 25, 2021

Quiz Bowl Guys ;)

 Hey y'all, 

           On Saturday, Grace, Justin Hall, Tristan Karno, and I participated in the ESA Cade Classic virtual Quiz Bowl tournament. It was really fun, and yesterday I found out that I placed 4th overall! (I'm not sure how many competitors there were, but I think there were around 30 teams, so I was very proud to be in the top 6!) In a previous tournament, I had a really good match where I answered a lot of questions and a (cute) guy sent me a "private message" in the Zoom meeting that said, "Hey, you're really smart!" I was so flattered because it was the most genuine compliment I'd ever received from a guy (rather than the comparatively superficial "you're so pretty"). He asked for my Instagram and we started DMing. He lives in Shreveport, but I actually got to meet him because my state swim meet was in Shreveport! We met for coffee on the most awkward "date"' you could possibly imagine. I say "awkward" because the coffee shop was closed by the time we both got there (I arrived directly from the swim meet with my hair dripping wet haha), so we just sat outside and weren't able to order anything. Additionally, my dad was sitting in the car, so I knew nothing was going to happen, but it was still great to get to meet him. He was super smart and sweet, and we still keep in touch. (Recently, I played him Happy Birthday on my mini French horn.)

             Then at the most recent tournament, a different Quiz Bowl guy was lowkey flirting with me during our match! He was really fast and kept out-buzzing me, but he didn't know a lot of his team's bonuses that I knew. (Only the team who answers the tossup question correctly gets to answer the bonuses.) I guess he could tell that I knew the bonuses, because when he didn't know, he would say, "Clara knows this one, but I don't." The first time, I thought I imagined it, but he said it multiple times and I was getting super flirty vibes from him. So after the match I requested him on Instagram and he slid into my DMs haha. We just started talking and it seems like we have a lot in common! (Time will tell haha.) If y'all are curious, I referred to him on my story because he got 2nd place in the tournament (I'll beat him next time haha; we love us a smart guy!) 

            Anyway, I just wanted to update y'all about the Quiz Bowl guys in my life. I hope y'all were entertained by this post, and hopefully I'll get to do a few more Quiz Bowl tournaments before the end of the year. Quiz Bowl is one of my favorite activities (and the flirting practice doesn't hurt, either). Feel free to leave y'all's thoughts in the comments (nothing about my taste in men please haha). 

Love from 

Clara

           

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok Clara! I see you!

Unknown said...

Dang, I need to join Quiz Bowl. I didn't realize that that's where all the good ones were hiding!

Unknown said...

Okayyyyy I see you!!! Honestly that sounds so fun. I feel like quiz bowl is already super intense and exciting so to have cute guys add to the mix makes its ten times more interesting.

Unknown said...

Congrats Clara! You so earned that! So proud of you!