Friday, January 8, 2021

i got into college!

Hi guys! I hope everyone had such a good break. I know we all needed that. I know for the past few months I have been seeing a lot of you post about your college acceptances and I'm so, so excited about all of them. I've never actually made my own blog post. I always just add on to what everyone says because I think I'm a little too shy for that. However, I wanted to make an exception and let you guys know that I'm going to NYU! NYU has seriously been my dream from the beginning. I hate to say this, but I just wasn't the most confident in myself that I'd get in, but maybe the manifestation and countless hours spent on my essay payed off. I don't know why, but I've always felt called to NYC. I would visit there routinely my sophomore year of high school and it was one of the only places that made me feel safe. I know that doesn't make a lot of sense considering it's a place filled with bright lights and busy streets, but I always felt like I belonged amongst the chaos. I still am not quite sure what I want to do with my life and I think that's okay. I just know I want to immerse myself in the arts and I think NYU is seemingly perfect for that. I'm sorry, I'm just so excited. My life has been a little crazy recently, but this gives me so much hope. I feel really grateful. I can't wait to be in a city filled with dreamers as dreaming is all I ever seem to do. Anyway, I really hope all of you get into your dream schools or a place you know you'll be so happy in. I don't really know how to end these, so I'm just going to say bye and have the best weekend. Oh, and Taylor Swift's new album Evermore is really, really great if any of you want to check it out:) Ok, I'm sorry, this is really me leaving now. 

        Love, Catherine 

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Catherine,

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! NYU is an awesome school, and I'm so glad you got in to your first choice. I know you'll do great things in New York, and I can't wait to hear about your shining future. I wish you the best of luck in college!

Love from

Clara

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh Catherine! Yayyy!!!! That's so exciting and awesome. I've never visited NYU, but it seems like you'll really like it. I hope you have the time of your life, and I can't wait to see what your future holds in the big apple!!

Unknown said...

Yay, Catherine!!! That's incredible. I knew you'd get in, and I know you'll thrive there. I totally understand the feeling of belonging somewhere, and I'm so happy you get to live your dream!! I can't wait to see where NYU takes you!

erica ricci said...

Hey Catherine!!
I know I have already told you this, but you are such an amazing girl and I can't even put into words how proud I am of you. You are insanely kind and have the best style ever! And when you are in New York you better send me pictures of all the cute outfits you are going to wear... I cannot wait to see you living your best life! You deserve it.
Much love,
Erica Ricci

Unknown said...

Can't wait for brunch at Hoda's, my dear. We're gonna live it up. You, me, Ford, (and maybe Brian), but who knows.

Unknown said...

Hey Catherine. I am so, so, so proud of you getting into NYU, though I can't say I'm surprised you got in. I always knew you wanted to go there, so it's great that your dreams are coming true! Like Blair and Serena, I know we're going to breakfast at Tiffany's and living it up in New York (when I come to visit ofc). Anyways, so happy!

Anonymous said...

AHHH CONGRATS RONIIIIII. Ilysm and I'm soo happy for you. I think I speak for everyone when I say you deserve the world, and NYU is just the beginning. I'm so so proud of you Roni, and I better be invited up for brunch! <<3333

msking said...

I want a brunch invite as well. Congratulations, Catherine! I can't stop listening to evermore, either.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted everyone to know that the infamous msking actually commented on a blog post, and we missed it. I lost a bet because of it. My defense is that the blog post was posted on the 8th, and the comment was posted on the 25th, so the post was old news by then.