Monday, January 11, 2021

Ask and You Shall Receive

 Hi there, 

Under my most recent post to this blog, Renee suggested that I give some detail on my new ~somebody~. I will be using this post to give a rundown of the basic information about him. I'll start of with some scientific style classifications...

Name: Nick (ironic, no?)

Age: 17 

Height: 6"0' 

Nationality: Canadian (where he currently lives...yeah this is long distance, oops) 

Region: Ontario 

Dogs: Murphy and Beau (ironic, again, no?)

That's really the only information I could put like that, so I'll type some other stuff out. He's vegetarian, like me, meaning we wouldn't have to worry about getting food at different places. He plays the guitar and draws (maybe I'll post one of his drawings of me? idk up to you guys). He wants to go into film studies; I'd like to add that watching him talk about it makes my day a little bit better just because of how passionate and excited he gets. He has two older sibling, also just like me. He's two days older than me (meaning he is also a Pisces) and has decided we now have the joint birthday of March 16th; he actually wants to come to New Orleans for the week of March 13-20th but COVID will more than likely keep that from happening. His other plan is to fly down for graduation, which sounds more realistic because of how things currently are. He's also very sweet and calm, which is exactly what I needed. 

Now, you may be asking yourself, "Rikki, how on earth did you meet this guy if he's all the way in Canada?!" The answer: Tiktok. I was scrolling through the app and he came on my page, so I followed him. I happened to be on the app once while he was live-streaming, and we started talking through the comments. He followed me back soon after that. He currently has 36.8k followers because, funnily enough, people think he looks like Draco Malfoy (although I don't see it much now). Because of this, he had a "Virtual Yule Ball" and asked me to be his date. I said yes because...how could I say no? After that night, we started talking to each other on Snapchat outside of the group chat that was created that night, and now we stay up all night Facetiming each other. Last night we went to bed at 3:30 am, which is 4:30 for him because of time zones. 

SOME of you on here have already found his account and commented under his posts (*cough cough Deryn, Adriana, Hunter, Catherine, Leven cough cough*). Don't worry, I'm not getting my hopes up because 1. he's 2,000 miles away and 2. we've only known each other for about a month, but so far, things are going really really well. Last night, we had our first really serious conversation about our families, our high school experiences, and specifics about our future plans. It was honestly nice explaining my past in my own words and not having someone that makes assumptions about me like here. It's refreshing. 

I'll keep you guys updated as much as you want, but I'd get if my renewed love life isn't very interesting. I'm just a little happy. 

And that's some of the basics. If you have any specific questions, maybe I can make a post answering them? I don't know, I know this is really odd to post about and not academic at ALL (sorry Ms King), but it's what the people asked for. 

Until then, 

The New Local Hopeless Romantic 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

hehehe get you some Rikki

Unknown said...

He has Oreo hair too

Unknown said...

Hi, Rikki,

Twas an honor and a pleasure to meet him yesternight. Consequently, I will attempt to interview him (about what, I do not know) and will publish my findings on the blog next week.

erica ricci said...

Hey Rikki,
I already told you this after me, Hunter, Leven, Mya, Mycah, and Lydia met him last night, but he is just the sweetest thing in the world. He is just what you need after *it who shall not be named*! He also seems like a really good listener. He had no problem just listening to all of the crazy stuff me and the others had to say about all of the school drama. Again, I am so happy for you! You seriously deserves this!
Lots of love,
Erica Ricci

Karen Swensen said...

hey rikki, i just want to say that i am thoroughly invested with this 'new somebody,' and i can't wait to see what comes out of this. pls pls pls stay keeping me updated with every little thing. okay thank you, i love you, and i wanna be the first to know if this becomes official.
love, catherine