Sunday, October 25, 2020

Ryn’s Netflix Pick 🍿

Before I start with my Netflix pick of the week, I would like to thank Catherine for giving me the idea to post my fav Netflix movies and shows as I am a hardcore binger (a series a week is my max). I figure I will start doing my Netflix Pick and my Quarantine Journals as a sort of recurring series for the blog this year. Please note however that my taste in movies and shows may be different than you and may not be what you consider good, because it is my opinion. (Also note that I will try to not mention any really popular movies that have been out for a while like Vampire Diaries or To All the Boys I have Loved before just because I know all of yall have watched them already, so it would be a waste of a post...) Hope yall like it!

Not one of my favs but a bit of a spooky season vibe...

The society. The society is one of those Riverdalesque shows that I would watch when I wanted a drama/romance/mystery. Basically in a small rich Massachusetts town, the senior class goes on a field trip and when they return nobody from the town is there. Basically complete abandonment from all other town members. They quickly realized that leaving the town is not an option. It is interesting to watch the mechanics of humanity as a form of civilization especially when the people forming the civilization are teenagers. Somewhere along the way of creating a government  there will be a coup, an epic hide and go seek, murder, and a prom. It ends on an epic cliffhanger that makes you long for the next season.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Ryn! I love this idea that you (and Catherine) came up with! I love watching new series, and I definitely love seeing what other people think of it. I watched the Society last year, and I really liked it! It's like an apocalyptic world for teens our age. The cliffhanger at the end is so suspenseful, and it really makes me want to have a season 2 already. However, last month they announced that The Society would not be brought back for another season:(. Neither would another show I like called I am not Okay with This. Those shows were so good, and I don't know why Netflix decided to cancel them when so many people watched them.

Unknown said...

I just recently watched this movie called the Old Guard, which is about these people who can heal from practically anything. This movie was amazing in both idea and execution if you like action movies and slightly historical movies. There was also some of the idea that medicine companies will do whatever they can for money, which I think that we are all feeling resentment for medical companies due to Covid-19. I would highly suggest.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hey Ryn, I personally love this idea because I am absolutely obsessed with TV shows and movies. I really love comedies and horror/suspenseful dramas. One comedy show that I will always be in love with is Glee. If you know me, you know just how deeply in love I am with this cheesy, cheesy show. It's a bit "old" so some of the jokes are fairly dated, but I don't care it's still so good. Another show that I will always go back to and rewatch is American Horror Story. It is a horror (obviously) anthology and it is actually written by the same people who wrote for Glee!! Ryan Murphy (to me) is a TV god. He never misses. With Ratchet & Hollywood... that man can do it all! Anyways, that's all I have for now. I don't want to go on for too, too long about this topic because I don't really wanna seem like a loner who only watches TV in their spare time!..

Unknown said...

I started Schitt's Creek! It's on Netflix, and I love it! I think it's really funny, and would highly recommend it. The show's premise is that a rich family suddenly loses all of its money and has to live like "regular people." They are absolutely horrified. It mocks them and their silliness and whims. I'm not that far in yet, but have really enjoyed it. I think it's also interesting how the viewers can see that this family is still obviously very dysfunctional, but they are making progress. They are becoming more accustomed to this regular style of living and walking a mile in other peoples' shoes. They are also making friends with the "weird town people." I think this show has been gaining popularity, so if enough people are interested, maybe we can do a poll with the characters! The show does have some mature themes, though... What do y'all think? Yes or no to Schitt's Creek? Sometimes the characters are annoying, but that's also what makes them lovable and funny to watch. And for those who watch, does anyone know where Moira gets her accent from? I find it so bizarre.

Unknown said...

I agree with Izzy. I LOVE Schitt's Creek. I watched it a year or so ago, and have been waiting for the final season to come out, which it finally did October 7th. The characters are so loveable and funny. I highly recommend it. Another show I like is called Emily in Paris. It's about a girl who goes to work in France for her company and has to deal with culture shock and the fact that she doesn't speak French (yikes). It's really interesting and my mom, a French teacher who lived in France for about a year, said the representation is pretty accurate. There is another show, called Crash Landing on You, that is a Korean drama about a South Korean CEO (woman), who finds herself in North Korea after a tornado during her skydiving lessons makes her cross the border. She falls in love with a North Korean soldier and the show is absolutely adorable. Lastly, I recommend Rick and Morty on Hulu. The fourth season will finally be available November first!!! Happy Hurricane Season to you all, and see y'all Monday.

Unknown said...

Hey Deryn, i love this idea because lately I’ve been trying to find new movies and new shows to watch. I actually just started watching this show called Dynsaty and I’m hooked.