Saturday, March 28, 2020

We all need to acknowledge reality

We all need to understand that this problem is not going to go away by Easter. We don't know even know if the disease is still spreading because we simply have not even tested enough people to know how many cases of coronavirus there are in Louisiana. The state of Louisiana does not have the hospital capacity to deal with this level of cases. Tulane Hospital ran out of scrubs this weeks and the Mayor of New Orleans had to ask people to donate unused scrubs to the hospital. We are dealing with a crisis on a level that has not been seen since the Spanish Flu 100 years ago. 



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Andrew, I hope all is well. I feel like deep down we all know that this isn't going to stop anytime soon. I feel like we pretend that everything is going to be okay, it gives us some hope. Hopefully if everyone follows the guidelines given by doctors the curve will start to flatten. Realistically I don't even think we will be able to have graduation in May. Andrew, do you think we will have graduation by later June? Or at all? All the tik toks and memes about us graduating online are funny, just deep down hurt :(

Unknown said...

I think that I'd we do a graduation ceremony it will be in July probably outside with everyone sitting apart and with limited attendence

Unknown said...

While you are most likely correct in that we are far from done with this, I am still optimistic. I think that if people are quarantining and “social distancing” like they are supposed to, the spread of coronavirus is bound to slow down. However, I know people are stupid and are still partying and having large gatherings, but if they were in our shoes, they would do the right thing. I have not counted out going back to school this year and maybe that’s just stupid, but I think we have a chance. Stay safe y’all.