Tuesday, March 17, 2020

coronavirus avg. patient age

An article was just released by The Advocate that detailed the average ages of coronavirus patients in Louisiana. I saw that almost half were in the 40-59 range, which is the age of my parents and probably around the age of yours. I think it's scary to realize how at risk even our immediate family members are, and I hope everyone is able to stay safe and clean. I think what we've been hearing most is that we should care for our grandparents, but the article proved that our parents deserve just as much attention, especially since many are still having to go out and work every day. I really am thinking about all of you and I know we will make it through this :)

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/coronavirus/article_ffe97448-689b-11ea-ba97-cf2ea3126450.html

1 comment:

Lindsey LaForge said...


Sophia, I definitely agree with you. It is very puzzling to try to understand why the age group 40-59 is most affected by the virus. I think this definitely has to do with the fact that children can be carriers but not show any symptoms of having the virus. With that being said, it is a good idea that schools closed down to limit the number of kids that are carriers. Although I wish we were in school right now, quarantine is the way to go.
For me, my parents will not let me leave the house, with the exception of going to the grocery store or outdoor exercise. However, there are still tons of people gathering in groups larger than 10! These people are only prolonging the process! If they were to keep their groups small, this virus could be shorter lived.
I miss school so much and I can’t wait to come back, hopefully.