Saturday, March 21, 2020

Could we be entering a new era of literature!?!?

Long time no see everyone! I miss you all more and more every day :( The other day I had a bit of a break down (I think everything just hit me at once) and one of the biggest things that bothered me was along with graduation, prom, and many other events we've all been looking forward to, I realized all these events took sooooo much time and preparation and it just made me think what's the point. What's the point of putting so much time and effort into things that are now up in the air. It's very unsettling, but then I remember things like this have been happening since the beginning of time. Whether it be the numerous plagues, economic depressions, or wars, the human race has faced quite a few challenges. Okay let me connect this back to English class. Freshman year, in the journal we had to make for the summer reading Tritico assigned us, one of my creative entries had to do with a quite by Shannon L. Adler where she says, "After every storm, there is a rainbow. If you have eyes, you will find it. If you have wisdom, you will create it. If you have love for yourself and others, you don't need it." With that being said, I think the rainbow she's talking about is a new perspective on life. One where we don't take the simple things for granted. Along with this new perspective come great and new forms of literature, so be on the look out because we might be in the midst of a new emerging era. I don't know, I think it's a cool thought. I always wondered how the emerging modernists, post-modernists, transcendentalists, etc. felt and if this is it, boy do I feel bad for them, but I think we're experiencing something greater than we know just like them.

Also, if you're reading this please give me a book suggestion. I am extremely bored, but also very indecisive!!!



3 comments:

Bharat Solanky said...

I think that's a really inspiring quote, as it asks people to remain calm and positive during harsh times. I hope that such a quote can apply to our current situation with the coronavirus pandemic. If we can keep our heads up during this period of quarantine and maintain safe sanitation standards, then we should be easily able to overcome this virus and see brighter days ahead.

Unknown said...

I think that it's a really interesting question to think about the long term pop-culture effects of the coronavirus. During most crises, people rarely think about the effect this will have on pop culture, so I think its a great though. Conflicts like WWI & WWII certainly had huge impacts, so I think that the current crisis will certainly have a large impact on the way our culture develops.

Unknown said...

I think that its entirely possible that we could be entering a new era of literature. Art is always evolving and I believe we are nearing a point in which we can see a difference in writing now and the writing in the past. I wonder what it will be called. And for a book suggestion I suggest the novel "Memory Police". Its pretty neat.