Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Suggestions for Ms. King

I have noticed that in English we would make a fair amount of Disney references and Ms. King just would not understand them. I think she should take this extra time to watch some movies, especially the Lion King. What else should she watch?

I have also noticed how certain Disney songs are perfect for our situation.

For the Quarantine:

From Tangled, "When Will My Life Begin," --- (Note: Tangled is about Rapunzel, who is locked in a tower)

Seven a.m., the usual morning lineup
Start on the chores and sweep 'till the floor's all clean
Polish and wax, do laundry, and mop and shine up
Sweep again, and by then it's like 7:15
And so I'll read a book
Or maybe two or three
I'll add a few new paintings to my gallery
I'll play guitar and knit
And cook and basically
Just wonder when will my life begin?
Then after lunch it's puzzles and darts and baking
Paper mache, a bit of ballet and chess
Pottery and ventriloquy, candle making
Then I'll stretch, maybe sketch, take a climb
Sew a dress!
And I'll reread the books
If I have time to spare
I'll paint the walls some more
I'm sure there's room somewhere
And then I'll brush and brush
And brush and brush my hair
Stuck in the same place I've always been
And I'll keep wanderin' and wanderin'
And wanderin' and wonderin'
When will my life begin?
For when the Quarantine is over:
From Frozen, " For the First Time in Forever,"
The window is open, so's that door
I didn't know they did that anymore
Who knew we owned eight thousand salad plates?
For years I've roamed these empty halls
Why have a ballroom with no balls?
Finally they're opening up the gates


There'll be actual, real, live people
It'll be totally strange
But, wow, am I so ready for this change

'Cause for the first time in forever
There'll be music, there'll be light
For the first time in forever
I'll be dancing through the night
Don't know if I'm elated or gassy
But I'm somewhere in that zone
'Cause for the first time in forever
I won't be alone

[Interlude: Kristen Bell]
I can't wait to meet everyone!
What if I meet "the one"?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I completely agree with Andreas on this one! Ms King, this is the perfect opportunity for you to watch some of the classic and best disney movies that we all grew up watching. I think you should start off with Lion King of course. Also, you should watch both the cartoon original version and the newest version that just came out. I also recommend that you watch Aladdin and Beauty and the Beast (cartoon and new) if you haven't already. Also, I know you told us you haven't watched The Princess and the Frog, but YOU NEED TO considering it in set in New Orleans! I hope you get to watch some of these while we are doing "distance learning." If you do, please let us know what you think about them here on the blog!!!!

Unknown said...

If she has to choose one option of the several good ones Malorie gave, I say Princess and the Frog. no doubt.