Tuesday, April 20, 2021

work part 2

 Hi y'all. So I know I told some of you this already, but I'm working my first real week this week, where I'm by myself and won't have someone constantly helping me. They're still watching me in case I really need something, but for the most part I'm by myself. The schedules come out on Sundays, so I don't know what my week is going to look like until SUNDAY, which I think is stupid. So I went to get my schedule on Sunday, and when I came up, the lady goes "can you work 6 days this week?" LOL no. I told her no I cannot, and then she gave me five days instead. Very generous. I work 4-8 Monday-Wednesday (they close at 8), 2-8 Saturday, and 1-7 Sunday. How ridiculous is that? She knows I'm a high school student. I literally get 2 days off of school and she has me working in the biggest chunk of both days. If she's doing that now, I don't want to know what summer is going to look like. I actually have stuff I need to do during summer, such as work and programs for my summer camp, and some college stuff. I'm just not having a good time right now, I'm really tired and I was already bad about putting my work off, but now I literally left everything for today, even though I'm going to get home at 8:30 at the earliest. I just get home and don't feel like doing anything else for the night, but a lot of the teachers decided to leave big projects/assignments for the very end of the year. We're all so obviously burnt out already, I don't know what they expect from us.

Bottom line is, while the job itself isn't awful, it's stressing me out and making me get even less sleep than I already do. I'm not enjoying it, but my parents aren't going to let me quit- at least not this early on. I don't want to have to work for 6+ hours, 6 days per week, in summer. I'm literally so stressed out and tired and I wish people would stop giving me stuff to do so I can just sleep a full 8 hours for once.

No comments: