Monday, April 19, 2021

I'm officially a demigod

Hello everyone, 

I'd like to make the formal announcement, I am now a demigod. I know, it's a surprise. But I am now a child of the sea god Triton. 

This is actually me saying that I'm officially going to UC San Diego in the fall. My mom just let it slip that she wasn't impressed by Eckerd at all. She said it reminded her of a frat house and large high school mixed together, that it was too small, and that she doesn't think that the school would have what I need. I agreed with her, and she admitted that I have to go to San Diego. She told my dad this, and while he's sad about it, he also agreed with everything she said. I just paid the $250 deposit and let my roommate know that things are officially in the works. 

Of course, I am sad that I'm going so far away but at the same time I'm just too excited to focus on the sadness. Most of my friends are staying in the south, or at least the general south east area, and I know I'll miss them a lot. Hopefully (cough couch Izzy) someone here will also be in the state of California with me in the fall. I know I'll be happy there, it's one of those things I can just feel. 

With my new demigod status, I can perform some water tricks if anyone would like. Our class is also trying to figure out if we can find those flowers from the Lotus Hotel. I'll keep you updated on that, because if anyone has watched the Percy Jackson movies, you definitely wanted to try those things. 

Yours truly, 

The New Demigod of AP English 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on being a demigod! Oh, and the college thing. But seriously, commiting to college is a huge deal, and it also relieves some stress (at least I thought so). I think that California will suit you (just based on the culture), and I hope that you find your place at UC San Diego!

Unknown said...

Yay Rikki! I'm so happy for you! I've been rooting for you! I can't wait to hear all about your adventures in the California sun! Part of me still wishes I could go to UCLA to be near you and have great weather (plus wonderful food and dorms). Unfortunately, it does look like you will be in California all by your lonesome. I'll visit you though! I think UCSD will be so great, and now you get to explore this whole world of your own. Oh, and let me know about the Lotus Hotel. I would have loved to take those for a spin this year and just zoomed it by. Not really, but I've been feeling a little bit bitter about all the assignments we have. Well, congrats again, especially on your new demigod status. Tell us when you meet your Percy.

Unknown said...

YAYY Congrats Rikki!! That is so awesome! I know you were really struggling on deciding on a school when you posted that blog post a while ago, so I’m so happy this weight has been lifted off! Committing to a college is very relieving and exciting. Soooo excited for you.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad it worked out for you, Rikki! I know how frustrated you were about this, since we talked about it so much, so I'm really glad your mom finally saw what you were trying to tell her the whole time. From what you told me about your visit to Eckerd, while it doesn't seem like a BAD school, it definitely also doesn't sound like what you were looking for or what you need. Also, it's slightly worrying that they have a C+ rating for campus safety when there's only one gated entrance to the entire school, since that means the bad incidences mainly happen on campus, probably by students. That wouldn't be a very nice thing to have to think about when you're going to be going somewhere for 4 years. And UCSD has so many great opportunities for your field of study. I just think you're going to get a lot more out of it, both socially and emotionally, than you would get at Eckerd. Eckerd seems very similar to STM in a lot of ways, and I know you and a lot of the seniors are trying to get away from that kind of high school-like environment, so I just don't think it would be at all enjoyable for you. I'm glad your mom finally agrees, and I hope you have a great time at UCSD! Keep me updated after we graduate :)

erica ricci said...

I know we already talked about this, but I am so incredibly proud of you! You deserve this more than anyone I know. Love you so much, Rikki! And don't forget about me when you befriend so many cool, hot, and famous Californians 🙄

Unknown said...

Omg I know I already told you, but I’m so excited for you! I know that you loved Cali ever since you went last summer, and too see you going there (which is something that makes you happy) makes me super happy for you!! I never have been to California, so def expect some visits. YAY!!