Monday, April 12, 2021

Ryn’s Netflix Pick 🍿

 Step Up. This isn’t a netflix pick but more of a general blog. I don’t know who but I had the itching  feeling to watch the entire step up series rather than do my english reading today. So beginning with Channing Tatum and ending with Ryan Guzman, I watched the steady decline of the movie series and have come to a conclusion. One, Moose is oddly able to match the attractiveness of the main male leads, in my opinion, and I believe the only reason is because he is the best dancer in the movies (His water performance in the third movie lives as proof). Two, the dances are lowkey all very similar and truly reveal the breakdancing craze that hit the 200s. Three, the movie follows the exact same blueprint for every film, and I am disappointed that we have allowed them to get away with it for so long. Like the first movie, ballet girl gets with hip hop guy. Second movie, ballet guy gets with hip hop girl. Third movie, get ready for this, hip hop guy gets with a girl who does both ballet and hip hop...Twist! Fourth movie realized they went a bit off the ledge and went back to ballet girl and hip hop guy troupe. Then in the last movie, as a desperate attempt to save the franchise, old hip hop guy gets with old hip hop girl from the previous movies.

No comments: