Saturday, April 3, 2021

More input for romance

 Hey everyone!! 

As I mentioned before, for fun I’m writing a fantasy book with a romance subplot. This is just a reminder that I would love it if y’all could comment what y’all like in romance novels/movies. It can be a trope, a specific scene, etc. In my story a musician in the royal palace falls in love with a chef for the royal palace. They’ve known each other since they were kids because the chef is friends with the older brother.

Some advice I’ve already had suggested that y’all could comment on if y’all would like: 

* Laura said no romance with the prince 

* someone said they like the falling asleep in the same bed trope 

* someone said that they like this type of scene: where someone makes a gesture that in the other person’s culture means that they love them. They go out of their way to show that kind of care and affection.

Any cute scenes you like from specific movies or romcoms? Let me know!! 



2 comments:

Camila Figueroa said...

These ideas are so good! An idea I have is maybe like the characters are at a party at the palace, and they are dancing with certain people and get very bored/aggravated at the scene of the party. They both then go outside in the garden for a breather and then they meet and fall in love (this is inspired by Bridgerton btw)

Unknown said...

As one who reads a ridiculous number of romance novels (because they are the only books that ever end happily), I have a few favorite tropes.
One of my favorites is definitely the they knew each other when they were younger and remeet (my parents were actually friends in college but did not start dating many years later). Another is the whole "saving" each other thing, where one (typically the male) saves the other from a bunch of little thing (ie tripping, burning themselves on hot pans etc.) and then the one who was constantly being saved comes back and makes a huge save (life or death, losing a job type thing- like Enchanted where he is constantly saving her and then she saves him from the evil queen/dragon).
I am also not a huge fan of love triangles, so I agree with Laura that the prince should not be a romantic interest. Good luck with your story/book/thing!