Saturday, April 17, 2021

Feeling overwhelmed

 Fellow prisoners,

 I feel like everything is rushing towards us. With all that the teachers expect us to do, I don’t know how we’ll be able to meet all the deadlines in two weeks. I kind of wish we weren’t ending earlier than everyone else because I feel like I’m just not ready for all the due dates that are all of a sudden on top of us. For most of my AP classes, I’d like more review for the exam. I don’t feel prepared (like with my math class) and want to review it more before I have to take the test. I’m not someone who particularly enjoys school, but the deadlines are overwhelming. The deadlines are overwhelming and senioritus is kicking in. I don’t know, I just feel this sense of dread in the pit of my stomach, like I just want it all to be over. I’m trying to enjoy the last couple of weeks at St. Martin’s, but its becoming very stressful. It feels like the admin is weaving a bunch of fun activities in with hard deadlines and hard decisions. There’s a fun game, a day off, a final project, a major life decision, a dodgeball game, Russian roulette. It’s all just.... a lot. It’s not bad, per say. It is what it is. I have lost most of my motivation to do anything. Does anyone else feel the same way? 

— Abbie (SOS)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Abbie! I feel the same. This past week I have had the most work I had all year. It’s ridiculous. I wanted to enjoy my last couple weeks at St. Martin’s, but I honestly can’t wait to get out. It is kind of sad, but it’s also true :/.

Unknown said...

Hey Abbie! I feel the same. This past week I have had the most work I had all year. It’s ridiculous. I wanted to enjoy my last couple weeks at St. Martin’s, but I honestly can’t wait to get out. It is kind of sad, but it’s also true :/.