Monday, April 26, 2021

I'm Leaving on A Jet Plane

 So, I went to this camp for three years, and the camp is three weeks. Each week ends with a dance, and the last dance always ends with the same song, I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane by John Denver. It is super traditional, and super sad because every time the song I actually start crying. They also do a lead up, so the songs Closing Time and It's the End of the World, are also super emotional for me. Are there any songs that make you super sad/nostalgic?  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Renee, I have been singing this song in my head since I read your post. At Camp Hardtner, we would sometimes sing that song on the last night, so it's also emotional for me. Another song is "All of Me" by John Legend because it was my first slow song (yes, cheesy, but whatever). Also, "She Will be Loved." I can't remember a specific event that went with it, maybe it's just my thinking-in-the-shower song. Oh, and whatever song we play at Senior Chapel that I'll be crying to.