Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Ryn's Streaming Pick (freeform)

 The Age of Adaline

This movie is kinda old so I wouldn't be shocked if most of y'all have seen it but this was my first time and I really like it.

This movie lowkey had me in tears. It is so sweet and a very interesting film. It is about a woman named Adaline Bowman who was born in the early 1900s who is stuck as a 29-year-old. Due to her miraculous lack of aging, Adaline is forced to live as a nomad never making any close connections with people and never revealing her secret to anyone. Naturally, under the alias of Jennifer, some amazing philanthropist makes her open her heart and allow her regular ways to slip as she falls in love with him. The film is less about their romance and more about their trip to meet his parents, which threatens to expose her secret, as she has already met his father under a different persona.

I won't lie as good as the movie was, I really felt like the ending didn't do it justice. I won't spoil it too much, but I will say that it was one of the rare movies where I wouldn't mind if it ended on a sad note. I think it would have been more beautiful that way, but nonetheless, the film was amazing and I would love to hear what you think about it.

No comments: