Saturday, February 13, 2021

My COVID Adventure

Hi, y'all,

As many of you know, I tested positive for COVID-19 on Thursday. It's definitely been an interesting experience. I've learned to manage the headaches (which have almost completely gone away) with caffeine and tylenol, and hot showers helped with the sinuses. Fortunately, I like to take my showers at a temperature slighlty below boiling, so not much changed. However, the hardest thing to adapt to was the loss of taste. Last night was the peak of the no taste symptoms, and I cried over thr inability to taste the cheese sticks I was eating as well as not being able to differentiate between my fourth Coke Zero of the night and Listerine. Nonetheless, I was happily surprised to sip my 2PM morning iced coffee and taste all the artificial sweeteners. The one taste that hasn't returned yet is salt, which make eating potato chips interesting.

Despite all the annoying symptoms, I'm surviving. I even managed to finish all 16 seasons of Grey's Anatomy on Netflix. I also finished WandaVision (highly recommend) and hope to finish How to Get Away With Murder, the modern reboot of One Day at a Time, and the latest two seasons of the Crown. As you can tell, I have a lot of TV planned a head of me. Maybe I'll re-watch Schitt's Creek for the eighth time, who knows. Anyways, my ten days happen to end on the Sunday before school starts, so I should be cleared to return to school on Monday with everyone else. See you then!

Yours truly,
Hunter

No comments: