Thursday, February 11, 2021

I don't cook, I don't clean

 Hi, 

I'm bored again. I thought I would share this with the blog because it's not the most common knowledge: I can't cook. 

Correction, I can cook basic things but I hate it. I've never understood why people like cooking. It's so stressful and I'd rather stress over other, still pointless things. But tonight, I actually cooked for myself. I made this feta pasta dish that has been blowing up online. I needed to see what the hype was about and if it was even worth it. 

It was worth it. It was so worth it. It was also extremely easy, which made it taste even better. I'll link the recipe below because I 10/10 recommend. The flavor mixture is just amazing, although I did take out the cloves of garlic the recipe asks for. I don't like garlic that much, so if you use powdered seasoning it gives it just enough flavor and doesn't overpower. 

Feta Pasta Recipe

That's all I have to say. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, Rikki! I'm so happy that your feta pasta dish turned out so great! I might just have to make one myself! I also don't cook that much. When I do, I bake. I actually enjoy making things like muffins, but recently over Christmas break all the lemons from my backyard came in. Naturally, I had to look up lemon recipes! It was kinda relaxing going through the motions of juicing the lemons while I watched the movie "Adrift" with Sam Claflin and Shailene Woodley. Anyways, I stumbled across a few recipes. My favorite was the lemon pie bars. Link: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/11458/lemon-pie-bars/ .

We also made lemon loaf with lemon syrup that was great to eat Christmas morning. I don't have the link for lemon loaf because it was a recipe printed in a book that Ally had a picture of from her roommate. There are other recipes on the internet that I'm sure are also good. I realllllyyyy loved the lemon pie bars. In fact, I'm going to back some more this week as I just picked the rest of my lemons! They were fairly easy to make, even your own crust (though I recommend making slightly less crust since it was a lot for me). They were nice and lemony. I was pretty proud. There's my cooking story! If you make it, let me know! I think they're pretty yummy.

Unknown said...

To be honest, Rikki, the title seemed like this was going to be a total feminist rant (you know I don't cook, I don't clean just because I am a women). The feta pasta dish was a surprise, but a pleasant one.
I tend to bake outrageous things (like macaroons) and I am constantly trying out new recipes. I also have to work around both lactose and wheat, so it is a fun puzzle whenever I bake.