Saturday, February 8, 2020

What is your version of Underground?

Whilst reading Underground I noticed the “dramatic monologue” style of the writing was particularly interesting. The Underground Man seems to be analyzing and picking apart the world around him, while also picking apart characteristics of himself. I wondered if one of us decided to write something like this, in this day and age, what would we choose to criticize or analyze? I’m curious about what ya’ll would discuss. What aspects of the world would be the topic of your own piece of writing similar in style to Underground? What is your “dramatic monologue”? What is your Underground?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If I were to make my own underground, the main thing I would most likely criticize the current political world or the way people act today. I would probably also analyze our almost symbiotic relationships people have with their phones and other forms of technology. As compared to the time of Dostoyevsky many things have dramatically changed socially and philosophically.