Friday, February 14, 2020

Love, Laughter, and Carcasses!

Hope everyone had a great day Valentine's Day! I think the poem, "A Carcass" is somewhat inspirational because it shows that you can find love in anything, even a dead, rotting animal. So I challenge you all to find something random, horrible, maybe even disgusting, and find love in it. I'll start... Tanner, you can be funny sometimes. On the other hand, this poem takes beauty in life and turns it sour, like line 8, "Her stinking and festering womb." The thing that brings life into the world shouldn't be layered with negative adjectives!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow this was a challenge. I literally didn’t know what to write about because I kept trying to think of something gross or random to say that I love. But, honestly, I just love the class of 2020 and it’s crazy to think we’re all going to graduate in 3 months.

Unknown said...

This is kind of random, but I feel like I have heard this example multiple times. I am not really sure why but I immediately thought of birth. In the moment it is kind of a gross process but in the end, it is bringing a new life into the world. So that is a very beautiful thing always. I’m not really sure if this is the kind of example you were looking for here Sara but it was my first thought after reading your post.

Unknown said...

I’m gonna take this question in another direction. Yes, there are so many things in the world that are grossly beautiful—such as birth. But on the other hand, I think there are also many things in our lives that we see as perfect or beautiful that end up being gross or negative in the end. Love is put out into the world as this beautiful and eternal feeling that causes endless happiness. But there are instances where love is harmful to one partner, difficult for both partners or used as a manipulation tool in gross ways. How is something that can cause someone so much pain, also capable of bringing another person an unimaginable amount of joy?