Monday, November 2, 2020

Ryn’s Netflix Pick 🍿 pt2

 Cobra Kai. I LOVE 80s movies. From Can’t Buy me Love to Sixteen Candles, I am always down for an iconic film filled with romance, comedy, action, and some random dance number! Karate Kid has to be one of the hall of gamers of the decade, as it truly is a picaresque of the adolescent scene. This suggestion is two parts as if you haven’t seen the ORIGINAL Karate Kid, then you must set your DVR (God I sound old) to record it before embarking on the addictive Cobra Kai binge. Cobra Kai follows the story of the bully and inadvertently he Karate Kid as they are now adults with their own kids. It reveals that some things don’t change. I know my description is bad but trust me when I say even people who don’t like the movie; love the series (haven’t found one person who hated it so far). ***Side note: you must watch the first karate kid from the 1980s and not believe that the film with Will Smith is anything close to the irreplaceable original film. The plots aren’t the same and the movie ie incomparable! Pro Tip: try to limit yourself to only three episodes a day!

3 comments:

Catherine Ronquillo said...

ryn, thank you so so much for the new pick! i'm always needing new suggestions for things to watch, so this is perfect. I've actually never seen this show, but I HAVE seen Karate Kid, so I trust this is a great suggestion. As always, I will let you know my thoughts and how my binging goes. Also, as a side note, what's your go to binging snack? I feel like I go through phases and I'm currently going through an ice cream one. However, I'm always looking for new snacks as well so pls let me know. Oh, also please keep doing your "ryn's netflix picks" I absolutely love them.

Unknown said...

I just watched War Games, another 80s movie that is EPIC! It is about a kid who is a genius on computers and accidentally hacks into a government supercomputer that is in charge of nuclear responses if the USSR were to start a war. The computer is playing a game where it is trying to convince people to go into DefCon 1. I thought of this movie when you said 80s movies.
Also, my family has been doing family movie nights since I was like 5, so I have seen a lot of movies over the years. This week was Seven, a great movie that inspired me for our decorations for HOCO.

Unknown said...

Hey Ryn! I love this segment that you do on the blog. Thanks for the suggestions! My Dad LOVES this show. He is always to referring to it, and he binged watched the entire show so quickly it's crazy I actually have never seen Karate Kid (only the version with Jaden Smith on Nickelodeon), I know, crazy. I love 80's movies, so I am definitely interested in watching the Karate Kid series to then see Cobra Kai.

Btw, Sixteen Candles is one of the best movies :)