Wednesday, November 4, 2020

My Life in Quarantine (It Sucks)

My first blog! So after bothering Ms. King for DAYS to let me join the blog, I kinda have to deliver and at least blog a little, or I feel like I never would hear the end of it. 

So many of y'all know that I tested positive for COVID-19 Friday night. Unfortunately, I had my Senior Night for volleyball the next day, which I had to miss. I also had to miss Halloween, which was so upsetting, because, like everyone else, I LOVE Halloween. I turn 18 on the 10th, and I think I'm going to have to be in quarantine for that, too. 

Personally, missing Senior night stung the most. Of course I don't want to turn 18 in Quarantine, but I can always celebrate when I get better. For Senior Night, I couldn't ask Coach Scioneaux to push it back two whole weeks. The season would have been over and I couldn't do that to Laura, Katie, and Pru, and it just wasn't practical because why push it back for ME. If you've come to a game, you'll know that... well... I'm not good at volleyball, haha. Like at all. I'll normally be found cheering my teammates on from the sidelines, which I don't mind, because I love my teammates, and if we manage to get a significant lead, I'll go in to play front row for someone. Again, I really don't mind, because I want to win the game more than I want to play. 

Senior Night was our night. I was going to go in to play at the very beginning of the game. All the seniors would start, and I was really excited to go in and see if I could rise to the occasion and not let my team down. This didn't happen, my season ended last Tuesday, and I didn't even realize. I really hope we go far in the playoffs so I can continue to cheer on my team, and go to a few more of my last practices, because I definitely won't be playing in college.

I promise this isn't that deep, haha. I'm over it. I've accepted it, and moved on. I'll have basketball, and I'm watching every volleyball game and I'm still cheering my teammates on, even if it's from my couch and not the sidelines. There's one right now.

I think my biggest stressor in quarantine is boredom. I can't leave my room, I cant see my sister, or her cat, who I miss, and I can only call my friends because I don't see them at school, so they're probably tired of me, and I can't blame them. *coughsorrylaura,izzy,andrikkicough* I will also say that schoolwork is a pain in the butt. I'm sleeping all the time, and I haven't missed any classes, yet, but I do see myself sleeping in for 1st period study hall. I'm definitely having trouble keeping up with school work because I will literally fall asleep while studying or doing homework. I had three quizzes today in marine bio, English, and math and I can confidently say I bombed at least two. I did embarrassingly bad on Calculus. Like, apologized to her after I turned it in, and even left a note on my graph saying "I'm so sorry :( I tried", bad. 

So, this is the end of my first blog. It was kinda fun to write. Very therapeutic. Thanks to everyone who read till the end. <3

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Levo! I enjoyed your first blog, very nice. It did make me sad, though, because we missed you at senior night :( It's been the four of us for all four years and it felt wrong to do it without you. The team isn't complete without you and Lydia! Hopefully we make it far enough so that y'all can come back and be with us for the very end of the season. At least your birthday is soon and we can celebrate it when you're out of quarantine. The big 18, woohoo!
Anyway, congrats on your first blog post, I know how much you wanted to be on this (for some reason) so welcome, and kudos for getting Mrs. King to agree to it.

Camila Figueroa said...

Hey Leven! Welcome to the blog! What a great first post! I heard about you having to quarantine when I went to yall's senior night. I'm so sorry that happened on senior night and close to your birthday. However, I do hope you're feeling better!

I remember when school was cut short (besides for virtual classes) last year, and at first, I was excited to have more time to hang with friends and to chill. Then I understood how serious Covid was (and still is). While it might have been nice to be off of school at first, it got boring really quick. I personally hated online school because I didn't like sitting in front of my computer all day. I wasn't as focuses either. Anyway, I can't imagine having to go back into quarantine during the school year. Do you like virtual school?

Unknown said...

Salutations, Leven!

Welcome to the blog. I'm glad I could help you join the blog upon Ms. King's approval. Please be advised to that being on the blog is a privilege, not a right. Should you abuse this privilege, my classmates and I will discuss with Ms. King to decide if you should be removed from this forum.Enjoy posting, but please be appropriate. Thanks!

Yours truly,
Hunter

Anonymous said...

Hey Camila! Personally, I hate online school. Y'all know that I am definitely a person who likes to talk, and as much as I love my family, I enjoy talking to people in person at school too. I will say again that I am compensating by calling my friends and talking to them for a while. The boredom is probably the worst part. I have left my room twice in the past two weeks, once for pasta and the other for a coke. (Priorities)
Hunter, I wouldn't DREAM of being inappropriate. Appropriate is my middle name!

Unknown said...

I heard about the tragedy that was the volleyball game from Pru, and all I can say is that y'all were robbed! I am so glad to hear from you because we do not share a single class!
I know how you feel about having to quarantine, after all I was out for an entire month with COVID. I really hope that you don't feel sick, but I remember the worst part of quarantine being the absolute nightmare that was being isolated from EVERYONE! I am pretty sure that I became sicker from having to not be around people. I really an an extrovert.
I hope that you can celebrate your 18th birthday later, but I am not sure how much there is to do to celebrate at this time.
It is great to see you on the blog!