Saturday, November 21, 2020

My weekend so far

Hey everyone!

Hope y'all are doing well. I honestly don't have MUCH to talk about, but I just wanted to talk with you guys about my weekend so far. So, yesterday while leaving Whole Foods, I opened up my gmail and saw that I got accepted into Loyola and got an INSANE scholarship. I literally paused in the middle of the street and screamed. My mom thought someone tried to kidnap me... I am incredibly happy and super proud of myself. It all kinda hit me at once yesterday just how much I have grown into a (decently) smart and (I'd like to think) mature woman. If freshman year me saw where and who I was going to be in 4 years, I would've just been in complete shock. But anyways, today I had a haircut (for the first time since March) and Senior portraits/casuals! I got a new hair-do as well! I mean, it's not TOTALLY different, but I got some fringe bangs! So that's new! I have always wanted them and am so excited to style them.

I am still on a high from when I read that acceptance letter. I know I sound a little dramatic, but I just genuinely never thought I had this much potential in myself. It has been a rough couple of years for me, but I am just happy everything is finally turning around. I think I deserve it.

Much love,

Erica Ricci

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Erica,

Congratulations on your scholarship! I can't say I'm surprised, but I am still so happy for you and proud of you! I'm so glad that things are looking up in your life. I am super excited to see your new haircut (I'm sure you'll rock it!), and I'm sure your senior portraits were beautiful - how couldn't they be, with you in the frame? :) I'm so glad you're finally being rewarded for your hard work. I totally relate to the way you screamed when you got your acceptance letter - this process is so nerve-wracking. I hope your good weekend continues all throughout this year and into 2021!

Love,

Clara