Monday, November 9, 2020

First DR

 Hey y'all! So yesterday I got my first DR (I got the email yesterday, so it was probably from last week) for 2 tardies. I honestly thought I'd be more upset than I am. Also, getting a DR had the opposite effect than I (and probably the people who made the 2 tardies rule) thought it would. The only reason I stressed out about being on time was to avoid getting my first DR, but now that I already have a DR, I am way less concerned about being on time...Maybe it's senioritis kicking in, but getting a DR doesn't seem nearly as horrible as I always thought. It almost seems like a rite of passage for high schoolers. 

I definitely need to work on my punctuality, but the truth is that I'm still adjusting to school starting at 7:55 (and having to be screened before I go to class). I knew exactly when I had to leave in order to get to school punctually by 8:00, but I can't just leave 5 minutes earlier because we have to be screened, so I actually have to leave around 7 or 8 minutes earlier than I did last year. I am still working on getting up earlier and being less rushed. There are just so many things I like to do in the mornings. Sometimes I like to work out (Chloe Ting for the win!) or practice music, or if it's someone's birthday (like today: HAPPY BIRTHDAY RYN!) I play them Happy Birthday in the morning. So I always struggle to be punctual. Intellectually I understand that being late is disrespectful, but I always have trouble stopping what I'm doing, whether it's working out, practicing music, or doing homework, to leave on time. My lack of punctuality is probably my worst flaw, and I definitely need to work on it before I become an adult. Does anyone have any tips for being punctual? (My clocks are already set early haha.)


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Go Clara! I know that getting in trouble is not something we would normally celebrate, but I think that it is part of being a senior to bend the rules. Even if it is just for tardies, I think that it would be worse to never get a DR because then you would be an outlier. My first DR was freshman year from Coach Scienio (I spelled that way wrong, but I am also too lazy to try and fix it) for being on my phone during class.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Clara!

I would like to point out that receiving a DR is absolutely unacceptable. Personally, I have never been disciplined in my life, so I believe my opinion is a bit biased. Nevertheless, an infraction is very disappointing. Please use this time to think about what you have done and repent. I am not mad, just disappointed.

Respectfully,
Anonymous

Unknown said...

Hi, Clara!

Whoever the anonymous person was is very rude. Please ignore that comment. Everyone makes mistakes (except me, according to you), but it's how we come back from our mistakes is what counts. Again, ignore that anonymous comment. However, I, too, have never been disciplined, but I advise you that you take this opportunity as a learning period and try to grow from it. If you would like someone to talk to as you discuss your rebellious phase and inappropriate behavior, I recommend Mrs. Wiltshire as a resource.

Hope you can grow from this!

Yours truly,
Hunter

(P.S. Thanks for the half-birthday wish. I only wish it didn't come from such a criminal...)

Unknown said...

Hi Hunter,

I can't help but wonder if you and the anonymous commenter are doppelgangers. Y'all both have the same condescending tone, and neither of y'all have ever been disciplined in your lives. Additionally, the anonymous commenter's advice to "think about what you've done and repent" and your comment to "take this opportunity as a learning period and try to grow from it" are very similar. Just a thought.

Yours truly,

Clara Conatser