Saturday, November 21, 2020

Quarantine (uggh)

Hi, everyone!

So for those of you who do not know, I ran sound effects and helped with the overall production for Twisted Tales of Poe. Overall, I had a really fun time, and it was a great experience for my first show of senior year. However, unfortunately, one my cast mates tested positive for COVID-19. Mrs. DuSaules called me this afternoon to let me know that I can't come back to school until December 3rd. The next two weeks are going to be difficult, especially missing out on a Friendsgiving with my three closest friends from Jesuit. However, I'd rather miss out on something now than possibly spread the virus, and I only wish that other people shared my mentality. That being said, I am looking forward to a bunch of Netflix, and my current motivational quote is, "If Leven can do it, so can I."

Yours truly (virtually),
Hunter

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Gatherer,

I am sorry you have to quarantine for the next two weeks. (I would reiterate this in my normal fashion, but I don't want to have to respond to another of your posts accusing me of verbal abuse. Plus, exposure to COVID is serious, so I don't think that type of humor would be appropriate.) The one benefit of not going to school is that you have a lower likelihood of being late to school and getting a DR. (You also won't need the notes your mom wrote about having car troubles that you duplicitously use to avoid getting tardies:) Since you mentioned watching Netflix, I'd recommend this miniseries that I am currently obsessed with called "The Queen's Gambit." It's about a chess prodigy, a red-headed orphan (her haircut at the beginning is very unfortunate). At the orphanage, the children get tranquilizers (definitely not legal...), and her hallucinations involve chess strategies, which I thought was very nerdy and cool. As she grows up, her one goal is to defeat the Soviet grand master Borgov. I won't spoil it for you, but I think you'll really enjoy watching it. I certainly did. Anyway, I'm sorry that you'll miss Friendsgiving, but just remember that Christmas break is around the corner, so hopefully you can catch up with your Jesuit friends then! In the meantime, hang in there. If you remind me, I'll make you cookies upon your return.

Sincerely,

Clara

Anonymous said...

Hey Hunter, I had COVID, which is why I quarantined, obviously. I mostly just slept from around 6pm after I finished homework to 7:50am when I had to roll out of bed and go to class. I'm not gonna lie, I barely made it through quarantine, and I slept through most of it. When I wasn't sleeping, I was very bored. Good luck buddy <3 (Clara, the "Dear Gatherer" sent me lol).

Unknown said...

Hey Hunter. I'm here to respond to Clara, not you.
Clara, I love The Queen's Gambit. I just finished it last week, and even though it only has 7 episodes, I think it was very well done. The costumes and sets are beautifully designed, and I love the contrast between all of the characters. I'd have to say my favorite character is Benny, partially because I love pirates, but mostly because he's just generally very charming but still has morals that he holds to, and tries his best to help Beth through her addictions. For anyone who hasn't seen it, I would totally recommend. I know nothing about chess, but you don't have to for the show to hold your attention.

Unknown said...

Hey Hunter,
I am just scrolling down and reading all the posts from last and this week. I noticed you were home, but I am glad you are healthy and safe!