Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Poll Idea (IT Girl Songs)

Hi AP English, 

So, I've thought of a new poll to do. I know not all of us have Tiktok, but there is a trend going around right now to categorize your friend group or dressing as various "it girls" from music. It basically matches the vibe of the song and the person the song is about. I'm not the best at explaining this, but I'll post one of the better Tiktok's under the trend. 
Here is my list of songs so far: 

Jessie’s Girl 

Lucy in the sky with diamonds

Rhiannon 

Hey there Delilah 

Roxanne 

Michelle 

Ophelia 

Sweet Caroline 

Jolene 

Heather 

Valerie 

Olivia 

Eileen 

Caroline (don’t worry it’s different from sweet Caroline if you don’t know the song)

Josslyn  

Jenny from the Block 

Fergilicious 

Daisy 

Diana 

Jennifer

Chloe 

Sofia 

 
I wanted to what you guys thought about the idea, since I like input. Can you guys think of any other ones? If I do go through with my idea, I will post Youtube links to each of the songs so you can listen to them (I think it'll be fun to listen to some new music if you haven't heard). it.  I just like the Tiktok trend and think it'd be fun. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Imagine getting put as Michelle or Josslyn haha. I love the song Josslyn but I would never want to be compared to her, yeesh

Unknown said...

Hey Rikki! I love this idea. After seeing it on Tiktok, I thought the trend was so cute. Like Laura said, I wouldn't want to be compared to Jocelyn either hahah. I feel like if I knew a Josselyn she would scare me, lol. She seems fierce and sassy (not necessarily in a bad way), but I would be scared of her. I also wouldn't want to be called Daisy (are we refererring to the song by Ashnikko? If not, then everything I saw will be completley wrong). If we're thinking of the song by Ashnikko, she's "crazy but you like that, [she] bite[s] back," I would be scared of her, too. I wouldn't want to get her mad and bite me hahah.

However, I think Delilah, Ophelia, and especially Fergalicious are so good. Fergalicious is one of my favorite songs, and I love her self-loving attitude. She's also a QUEEN! Hey There Delilah and Ophelia to me are so cute and it makes me happy listening to it.

Anyway, you have great options and I like this idea!

Catherine Ronquillo said...

ughhh, okay I love this idea rikki! I've always wanted to do this with my best friends, but doing it with our English class would be much more exciting. From reading the previous comments I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I really don't think Josslyn is that bad! I think the song is meant to be more anti the guy and less anti Josslyn because she really didn't do anything. I don't know, I kinda got the vibe that Josslyn is just like this really cool girl living in LA and probably dresses like she's in the early 2000s. I don't know, I think it's 100% the guy's fault in my opinion. Anywayyy, I'd love to take this poll and see what"it girl" we would all pick for each other. So yes, if you needed anymore validation, this is it. pls pls pls make this poll, it would very much appreciated:)