Thursday, January 9, 2020

" The Myth of Sisyphus"

Camu in his essay "The Myth of Sisyphus" argues that the Sisyphus is the absurd hero because he finds meaning in his torment, "One always finds one's burden again. But Sisyphus teaches the higher fidelity that negates the gods and raises rocks. He too concludes that all is well." 

Camu's essay in general is very similar to the central principle of Marxist theory which is that the bourgeoisie oppresses the proletariat by making their work seem meaningless. Thus, for the proletariat to overthrow the bourgeoisie and establish the dictatorship of the proletariat they must find meaning in their work. Camu is suggesting that if we follow this premise of Marxist theory than we shall  overcome the absurdity of life. 

Therefore, I am proclaiming the Workers Council of AP English IV. The Soviet shall overthrow the bourgeoisie and restore meaning to our work. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

While I think your revolution is well founded, I would not partake as I would not want to risk getting on Mrs. King's bad side. I feel she would quickly and strongly put down this rebellion.

The Soviet said...

Cameron, for too long have we existed under the treacherous boot of the bourgeoisie. We have been shackled in this societal prison by those that would simply wish to keep us down and exploit us. This fear that holds you back is but only one of the many chains designed to keep us in our place, but I say no longer. No longer shall we be simply second class citizens with our work devalued by the bourgeoisie. We shall rise and overthrow the oppressive powers that bind us. We have nothing to lose but our chains.

With Revolutionary Fervor,
The Soviet

msking said...

Ha! Thank you, Cameron. I would like to state for the record that I am not the capitalist tyrant that needs to be overthrown in this equation, but Cameron is correct that I would squash this attempt like a bug under my boot.