Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Hey everyone! GUESS WHAT!

Coming up with blogposts is hard, but you know what isn't hard? Enjoying a fine work of metafiction! Here's the full list I gave in class, and I highly recommend all of them.

The Producers, Noises Off, Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead, Midsummer Night’s Dream, Hamlet, Our Town, 30 Rock, The Muppet Movie, Foe, The Lion King 1 ½, Shrek, Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip, Don Quixote, Blazing Saddles, One Hundred Years Of Solitude, Community.

All of these shows/books/movies/plays are amazing. Watch them. Read them. Do it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a great list Tanner and if it is ok with you I would like to add to it! I mentioned this is class today but the more I thought about it, it is actually "deeper" than what I said today. Stay with me because it is a little complicated. So, in the movie "High School Musical 1" the characters are in a high school and are dealing with the everyday teenage problems and in the end are creating a play. So, this is metafiction already. BUT NOW there is a new show on Disney Plus called, "High School Musical: The Musical: The Series." So, in theory (I haven't seen it yet) it is supposed to be about kids recreating a musical about a movie that was making a musical. Kind of confusing I know. That's a lot of META!! Tell me what y'all think !!!

(Also, I just wanted to mention... I was researching other tv shows that are metafiction and one of my favorites, "How I Met Your Mother" was on the list. I never thought about it that way, but the whole show is about the main character telling a VERY LONG story to his children about how he met their mother/his wife. Crazy.)

KING Tanner Duncan Sykes, The First said...

Malorie,

I hope your eggs are doing well.

Unknown said...

Tanner,

Thank you so much for your concern. The eggs have hatched and I now have six dinos. It really means a lot you care so much about them!

Your PIC,
Malorie

Unknown said...

Thanks for the suggestions Tanner. I can't wait to read all of these works in my free time. You're a great guy for this. Much appreciated