Tuesday, October 27, 2015

So this isn't really discussing any points or adding insight to our class discussion, but I found it funny and wanted to share. This is an expression of my confusion while reading the final cantos of Inferno. Dante's description of Satan really confused my. I must have zoned out while they wentthrough the secret pathway thing. I thought that Satan's legs extended all the way to earth's surface on the Southern Hemisohere and that Dante's escape was completely routed on his legs. SO her is Satan, who's torso sits in the bottom part of the ninth circle in hell and legs extend throughout half of the globe. this is how i pictured Satan
Notice the wings, small torso, and extremely long legs. This was literally the first thing I thought about while reading on sunday. Thought everyone would enjoy.

No comments: